Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to dress your baby at night

karhu is offline Registered User

How to dress your baby at night

Just wondering, for tonight's weather, how would you dress your baby to sleep?

How many layers of onesie pjs sleeping bag, blanket etc?

My Lo is 7 months and I worry I'm dressing her too warm or too cold.... Mmmmm

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Would put her in a longsleeved onesie then in a sleeping blanket. Dont believe she can role over yet, right? If not, I'd put a lint blanket across her legs, make sure to tuck the sdes under the mattress tightly so the blanket cannot move. You can touch the back her neck once she is asleep to see of she is too hot...if so, then remove blanket, if not, let her be. My son is doing the same. If you have heat, you could use heat and not se the blanket at all. I wouldn't but too many layers, unless her room is very cold, but in that case if you have a heater that would probably work better...make sure to check by touching the back of her next and not her hand or feet.

That's enough?

I put on her a short sleeve onesie and a long footed pj plus fleece sleeping bag when I was 6 degrees 2 nights ago and the back of her neck was still cold so last night I put on her a long sleeve onesie underneath instead...

Long sleeve onesie plus sleeping bag is enough for your baby? Without the legs and feet wrapped? Wow either your baby is strong or my baby is weak :p

Did not want to use heater overnight cause its so dru

My sleeping bag...actually should make it more clear is a "grobag" so it wraps the legs and feet as well...they are very warm and the baby cannot wiggle out if it. You should really get one...they come in different materials. No heater, but the room is warm even so when the weather is cold outdoors. I had the heat on yesterday and the day before at 20degreees...but not today, just have added a medium sized blanket to cover his feet...and of course long sleeves...you must cover feet cause that makes the body warm. I used to put socks in my kids, but some Chineseeople say it's nit good? Who knows...when I use my heater I have it in a thermostat function so it maintains the temp at 20...if the temp in the room is lower, it will turn on, if it is higher it will remain off...helps with the dryness factor...

Gracey is offline Registered User

Long-sleeve onsie (with feet) and a sleeping bag / blanket.
    HK kids are WAY too bundled up, which is why they are always sweaty / sick.
    Also, it's been proven that a person's long-term tolerance to cold is set early in life. So if you bundle your kids up too much now, they'll become one of those people who are overly sensitive to cold as an adult.
    (This is why there's the stereotype that Western babies are "stronger." They are not genetically. But their parents don't overdress them from birth, compared to Asian families).

Your baby will tell you if he/she is uncomfortable. If a baby is cold, he/she will wake up and cry, and the hands will be cold. If not, just leave your baby be.

My baby has a grobag too, 2.5tog and a halo sleep sack fleece and a marks and spencer sleeping bag....

According to the grobag chart, if temp is 16c then 2.5tog sleeping bag plus long sleeve onesie plus footed pj... And baby's room was def below 16 the past 2 nights... And she woke up crying a few times plus ice cold hands and cold back of neck one night....

I think they are warmer than us adults though, am I right to think that?

Last night she had sleeveless onesie footed long sleeve pj plus a not the thickest sleeping bag, slept much better but hands still cold and back of neck was warm....

:)

Sounds like you found a winning formula! :). Kids are a bit warmer than us, yes....

AileenLi is offline Registered User

I just put my bubz in a short sleeve legless onesie with his favourite baby wrap around him.
    if i feel the a/c is too cold then i would add one more layer of blanket to his lower half.

My midwife previously informed me that babies should wear more of less what we wear + one layer during day, and + one more layer during sleep. I was also warned against 'overheating' him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast