Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Preventative treatments for pollution induced asthma - advice please

Margaret09 is offline Registered User

Unhappy Preventative treatments for pollution induced asthma - advice please

Hi there
    Our now 3 year old son had an asthmatic attack when we first arrived in Hong Kong (he was 4 months old at the time) which required nebulisers etc.
    Since then whenever he get a cold he needs preventative inhalers to prevent him developing a wheeze etc.
    I though we were through with the nebulisers but this week he got a bad cold/chest infection that required antibiotics. They have partially worked but he is now wheezy & today needed nebulisers & other 'cough/ allergy/ medications to try & settle his lungs & reduces the spasms etc
    My question is, once this is cleared (which I hope will be soon )I would very much like to look at preventative treatment to help strengthen his lung function & boost his immune system.
    1) Can anyone recommend a good therapist (herbalist, naturopath, nutritionalist) that they have found helpful with 'chest' problems
    2) what do you all think about air purifiers & are some better than others etc
    3) Someone suggested bioenergy healing, has any one heard of it & if yes, does it work & if yes is it practiced in HK?
    Thank you

xia
    xia is offline Registered User
    I was an asthmatic when I was born time age of 12. My parents tried all kind of treatments and it didn't really helped until I had korean ginseng. Unsure if the ginseng really cured my asthma but it was my last medication since my last asthma attack. Worth to check it out.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using GeoClicks Mobile

Margaret09 is offline Registered User
    Thank you Xia. I will do some research into that