Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Crying hysterically

karhu is offline Registered User

Crying hysterically

Hi all,

My baby has been doing it for about a month and getting worse

She will fall asleep when I nurse her and then I will put her in her crib. Within 30min to 2 he, she will wake up crying hysterically and will cry like that even when we are holding her... Screaming crying arching her back pushing etc...

Some I can nurse her back to sleep sometimes rocking but last night nothing worked until 45mins of crying later when she calmed down by looking at the street then fell asleep on me....

Sometimes she will then sleep for a 5-7 hour stretch until 6:30 in the morning!

Anyone has any idea what's going on and how do handle this? She is 8 months next week!

Thanks!!!!

K

pipinhk is offline Registered User

Does she have reflux? If she's doing this after nursing that could be a cause. Best check in with your Dr.

But nothing comes out and no burps either.... And she doesn't do it at other times like when she wakes at 5ish and I feed her, she will sleep till around 8 with no fuss

penguinsix is offline Registered User

Is it every time you put them down or at night? Take a look at what are called 'night terrors'. Not necessarily a dream of bad images, but a dream of scary emotions (more or less--like when you dream you are scared and wake up feeling nervous).

You can slight stir your baby out of their sleep cycle to help alter this. Gently disturb them to the point they roll over but don't wake them. This can help by altering the sleep cycle if it is a night terror.

Siesta is offline Registered User

I have experienced this with my child, everything just as you described it. Every time, it was while she was sleeping. It was very difficult to wake her up and out of it. It never lasted as long as 45minutes though but at times a solid 10minutes which does feel like an eternity when there's nothing I could do about it.
    These episodes slowly disappeared although they came back just before she started crawling and again in the week before she started walking. Nothing since.
    So, maybe night terrors as someone suggested?
    When it was happening, I though she was in physical pain and wondered if she was teething but she was showing no signs of pain or discomfort for the rest of the night and during the following day.
    It's horrible to see your child in such distress and not knowing what is wrong.
    I hope that like mine, she growth out of it quickly

carang is offline Registered User

my girl (almost 6 years old) still suffers nightmares and night terrors.... she also sleep walks & sleep talks... a lot!

Fk33 is offline Registered User

Hi,
    Same case with my little girl (16 month old) she's always cry in the night and didn't sleep well until the morning and I don't know why she never like to sleep in her own bed since 6month old..

It's only at night and her eyes are open but she doesn't really respond to our comforting!

It's not teething I think because she is a happy monkey otherwise!

So did u guys pick up your baby or just let them cry until they calm down?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast