Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Newly pregnant with no clue!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Yes, Causeway Bay is in the catchment area for QMH. I think the boundary is around Tin Hau. You could possibly choose between QMH and Pamela Youde because you are somewhat borderline. If I were pregnant and had no medical complications, I would prefer Pamela Youde because it has special accommodation wards which are small shared rooms with longer visiting hours for about $7000 for the whole stay. QMH only has the option of the public ward, or fully private which can cost upwards of $100K.

justarlene is offline Registered User

Thanks Nicolejoy.... Love your blog!! <3<3<3
    I have other questions:
    1. How do I register for the QMH ward tour? Is it still available on every Saturday 11am?
    2. If I would like to be half-half Public and Private, how does that work. I read on the article but I have no idea what it means...
    :D Thanks dear for taking trouble to answer my questions.

Thanks, and no problem!

If you register at Tsan Yuk hospital (to deliver at QMH), they will give you all the info you need about the tours. I can't remember too well because it was about 4.5 yrs ago that I did my tour!

To go half half, you find a private doctor who is ok with you not delivering with him and just see him for antenatal check ups. You also go to your public hospital check ups. Some people who do this don't register at the public hospital until 30 weeks or so, and just take a letter or other test results along from their private doctor then. Others prefer to register right away and that way you can do some of the blood tests and glucose tests with them for cheaper than your private doctor can offer. It's up to you, what your preference is and if your insurance will cover some private appointments etc... there's no set way to do it.

prettynvain is offline Registered User

I am not sure if half-half is still possible nowadays. You can otherwise see your private ob for antenatal checkups but you must also attend your antenatal at public. Because they need to have record of you and your baby, incase conflict arises they know what to do.

Of course it is possible, you just need to make sure that both your public and private doctors are aware of the test results etc from the other place - so make sure that they communicate in writing - particularly if things are not routine.

EYM
    EYM is offline Registered User

Hi there, I am newly pregnant and moved to HK about 18 months ago. Equally clueless but this forum is very helpful. I have booked an appointment to see Hulda at Annerley this Friday, heard she has lots of experience and knowledge about private and public sectors. Meanwhile I also plan to see Dr Cora Ngai and Dr Amelia Wong to see how they are.

Dave227 is offline Registered User

Hi

We found out over the past 2 weeks that my wife is expecting, so we are also quite new to this. Its good to hear from you all that we all have the same reservations and questions, We have been doing alot of research on what we can about this time of pregnancy.

However one thing we aren't too sure of is what beauty products she can use for her skin, such as foundations and moisturisers that would be safe to use during her pregnancy.

Any information would be great! So I look forward to hearing from you all.

Many thanks!

Dave

rani is offline Administrator

Congratulations Dave!

Your wife doesn't need to give up her favorite make up/beauty products.

Dave227 likes this.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast