Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Liquorice

Birthday venue for 1yo baby

slin is offline Registered User
    Tin Hau

Birthday venue for 1yo baby

Hi mommies/daddies!

My baby is turning one in March, and I'd like to throw her a nice birthday party, inviting around 20-30 adults with 8 babies. Does anyone have any good venue suggestion on the Hong Kong side? I have ran through the list of birthday venues on the forum but would like to hear feedbacks from mommies who had actually host their (or attended) parties at one of these places.

I’m also looking for reasonably priced customized birthday cake. Any suggestions?

1) Budget – below 5k? If not, we are willing to stretch our budget a little.
    2) Time of the day – Saturday afternoon
    3) Venue requirements – we are looking for a nice cozy place where we can enjoy a drink with our friends while our babies (most babies are below 2yo) can play
    4) Food catering – anywhere I can order finger food? Otherwise, am planning to just order pizza for the adults and maybe bake some cupcakes and prepare some fruits for the little ones? This is my first time hosting a party for kids - any idea what to serve?

Any ideas out there would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

recurring is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong (Currently in Luxembourg)
    Hi slin, Im also looking for a venue for march but on NT side.I wonder if babycentral would be suitable for you. They have a website and some infos about renting their venue online.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    There are a number of venues and it's fun when there is some entertainment for the little ones,

Rolly Pollies

7x Smarter

Woodlands (But you need to arrange for entertainment separately)

Kindermusik by Catherine
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    For our son's first birthday, we got a big table at Top Deck in Aberdeen and had a champagne brunch. Can bring balloons and a cake for the baby, and there's a small children's playroom there where the little ones can go after lunch. Not really throwing a party yourself, but it was good fun. All the adults enjoyed it and the children were happy enough - it wasn't until my little boy was closer to two that he could appreciate a proper party. Just a thought.
    carang and slin like this.