- 01-29-2013, 01:54 AM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
My new helper wants vacation
She has been working for us 4 months. Is she entitled to have holiday now? If not when? If we let her go now do we have to pay?
- 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM #2
Did she go home before she started working for you? Normally helpers go home in between contracts. However, if you requested immigration for an extension of stay and she started working for you right away, then she has received two 1-year visas from immigration and needs to go home within the first year.
Has she said how long she would like to go for? Her trip should be considered no-pay leave. However, if you're happy with her and she's going home only for a week, you can just give her paid leave. She is entitled to 7-days annual leave. It is entirely up to you what you are comfortable with. She also should have received from her previous employer $ for a 1-way ticket home on the completion of her contract. You will need to pay for 1-way back to HK.Founder of GeoBaby.Com
- By carang in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2011, 10:17 PM
- By FutureHKmom in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2010, 05:02 PM
- By mushi in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 22Last Post: 10-09-2008, 05:59 PM
- By meimei in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 18Last Post: 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM
- By kara23 in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2006, 07:12 PM