Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Downs result high risk

justarlene is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    oh that's great news Justarlene about the quick positive results!

I feel reassured about booking a back up private scan too because my registration is at Tsan Yuk also.
    Anyone got back their blood test result. I have received mine which say 1 in 99,999. Could the number be that high? I thought the range was few hundreds to thousands.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    I've never seen it that high, but mine was 1:38,000 so I guess it's possible.

Dillon is offline Registered User
    I have mine back now from athe private test as 1:10000 which I thought was very good haha 1:99999 is pretty full proof!

Charlie22 is offline Registered User
    Nicole, Liquorice, Lesliefu,

I know this is old post but I couldn't find other post on DS scan that is as detailed as this one and really hope you can share with me your experience.

I just had my Nifty test done at Dr Lam's clinic (by his partner Dr Macor Wan) and the result came back good, thank God. I'm 36 and this is my first pregnancy and I'm know I'm being paranoid but I was thinking of getting the NT scan done at public hosp as we'll, just to be on the safe side.

However I was told by QMH that they wouldn't be able to fit me in within the NT timeframe since I booked late. Since I'll most likely miss out on the NT scan, my question is, if there is any abnormality and signs of DS, can it be picked up during the 20 week scan? I have my 20 week scan booked with Dr Lam in 8 weeks time.

I'm just not sure whether the scan for DS only happens once ie after Nifty/NT, once you're in the clear, the obs will not be paying anymore attention to this subject and move on to concentrate on other parts of the baby's body.

Any advice will be much appreciated, tq

Pandy is offline Registered User
    I was also a patient of Dr Wan and we decided to only have the OSCAR/nuchal skin fold test which was actually performed by Dr Lam. Personally, if you had the NIFTY test you should feel confident of the results which boast a high level of accuracy. If you go public, they wont perform NIFTY test which is an elective procedure. If you are worried about your results, speak to Dr Lam and he can arrange more tests.

Thanks so much for your post Pandy! I was worried that everyone is no longer subscribed to this thread since it's so old. Can I ask, was Nifty test already been introduced back during your time then, otherwise why did u choose to do the Oscar test instead knowing that Nifty has a higher accuracy level? I'm just trying to find out if there are things that Oscar test covers that aren't in Nifty.

Since I might most likely miss the window at QMH, should I go get an Oscar test at a private clinic if Oscar is really a more comprehensive test?

Pandy is offline Registered User
    I was told by Dr that NIFTY is more accurate than Oscar. If you had NIFTY, you dont need Oscar. You can check with your Dr for reassurance The NIFTY test was available, but we didnt choose it: (1) cost; (2) my age was not above the risk group of 35+. Stop worrying so much!!

Thanks Pandy, that's reassuring to know. Did you continue to see Dr Wan/Lam for the rest of your pregnancy? Would you rate them?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast