Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Downs result high risk

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    Hi Charlie
    I did a nifty test too during my pregnancy and from memory, was told is almost 99% accurate! You should be very confident if results came back good. However it's entirely up to you if u wish to take further tests

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Charlie22 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Loveisgood. Did you just do the Nifty test? I'm 36 and considered relatively high risk so a little paranoid and thinking of doing both but if Nifty alone is good enough then I wouldn't do the Oscar scan. The nurse at QMH told me that some mums did the non invasive test first and then went to do the Oscar scan and they got different results, partly due to the 2 tests/scans being performed at days apart so there could be changes to gd baby's physical parts. I'd want to avoid the unnecessary stress just in case I receive diff results

Pandy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie22 View Post
    Thanks Pandy, that's reassuring to know. Did you continue to see Dr Wan/Lam for the rest of your pregnancy? Would you rate them?
    Yes I did. A friend recommended him to me, and she also recently had her second baby delivered by Dr Wan. Dr Wan is a bit light on the chit chat, but as far as professionalism and skill he is well regarded. I found Dr Lam much more friendly - he looked after me a few times while Dr Wan was on holiday. If you decide to change doctors, you should do it as soon as possible. I approached another clinic to get a second opinion and they refused to see me because I was already under care of a doctor.

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    Hi Charlie
    Yes I only did the nifty test, I did ask my OB whether I should also do the Oscar and he told me it wasn't needed. I mean with all the scans and other tests to top it off, he was probably confident. One thing I learnt is to trust your Dr, always ask when you have questions and tell him when your concerned. Let them judge and tell you the next step. Did you ask your Dr if you need extra tests? If you feel more comfortable doing more tests no matter what anyone says then do what makes you happy!! Just enjoy your pregnancy and relax....all the best!

Hi Pandy, I think I'll stick to Dr Wan as my experience with him has been good so far. I'm also thinking of delivering with him but the friend who recommended him to me told me that whilst he's a good doc, he's pro csect and I'm keen to deliver naturally. Did your friend have csect with him?

Loveisgood, you just said the wisest thing- trust your doc! I must admit that I still don't and despite him telling me that everything is ok, I'm still looking up info on the Internet like crazy. It is almost like I'm not convinced and trying to find something that challenges what the doc said. I feel like I'm losing my marbles. I'm almost 13 wk now and am feeling more settled. Every scan is a milestone and I must say, despite what my friends and families told me, I haven't actually been enjoying my pregnancy so far as I've just been consumed by worry.

Pandy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie22 View Post
    Hi Pandy, I think I'll stick to Dr Wan as my experience with him has been good so far. I'm also thinking of delivering with him but the friend who recommended him to me told me that whilst he's a good doc, he's pro csect and I'm keen to deliver naturally. Did your friend have csect with him?
    I dont think Dr Wan is any more "pro csect" than any other private clinic doctor. My friend had two babies delivered naturally by Dr Wan, and I also delivered naturally. He didnt push me one way or another. Did your friend deliver with Dr Wan? I think its normal for you to use the same doctor who does all your prenatal checks to also deliver the baby, unless you are splitting up private/public. Were you planning to use a different Dr for the delivery?

She didn't deliver with Dr Wan. She said he persuaded her to do csect and she ended up switching and went with Dr Grace Cheung/Lucy Lord (known for having high natural birth rates) but she still highly recommended Dr Wan for prenatal checks. She just warned me that if I decide to deliver with him, be prepared as he might try to talk me into having csect. I don't intend to change doc and you're right; he is not any pushier than the other private obs.

Did you get epidural? Did you need to arrange for epidural in advance with priv hospitals? If I decide not to use it, and change my mind halfway through labour, can I still request for one on the spot?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast