Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Delivering at Queen Elizabeth hospital

karhu is offline Registered User
    Also I didn't have an epidural and I managed so don't get too stressed out about not bring able to get one... Whatever happens you will be able to manage somehow :) but hopefully you will get what you need :)

djudju is offline Registered User
    I'm now 37 weeks and I still have many questions coming to my mind...
    What is the post-natal follow-up in QEH for the baby AND the mother? Will I get appointments to check my wound? And what about the baby?
    I intend to breastfeed, but if I have some difficulties in breast feeding after I'm home, will the hospital provide some help?
    Thank you for your answers! :-)

djudju is offline Registered User
    Also, I heard that in some public hospitals nurses provided two visits at home to check both the baby and the mother (for a few dollars) Is it the case in QEH?

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    I wasn't at qeh but as far as i know all the public hospitals have the same service. They will arrange for a midwife to come to your home to check on you and the baby (mine came to remove my stitches). I only had one visit ($80) but I think you can have 3/4. Your baby will have frequent check ups at the mchc (who can also give you help breast feeding) and less frequent check ups at the hospital. You'll have an 8 week check up at the hospital to check you're healing ok. My hospital called me a couple of days after i got home to check how the breast feeding was going. They also take ppd very seriously and they'll always be checking your mood and making sure you're doing ok. Apart from the long waits the public system has been remarkable.

charade is offline Registered User
    I don't think all public hospitals have it. My friend at QMH didn't. Also, I think it's just two home visits that are offered for those delivering at UCH.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    Ah, sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

I did not do any follow up at QEH after I left after 2 nights... All follow up appts were done at MCHC, they checked my wound at the hospital, twice if I remembered correctly and had a session on Breastfeeding with a nurse who came around checking and helping those who had problems, but it was MCHC that really helped without Breastfeeding and following up with my dd when her weight gain was not ideal

Forgot to mention that they do have a Breastfeeding clinic and hotline at the hospital but I live in mos so it was easier for me to go to mos MCHC which was wonderful...

Did I mention they have aromatherapy massage to help relieve pain at QEH? It helped with the earlier stages of labour but when the pain really came I don't think I would want anyone to touch me haha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast