- 03-28-2013, 09:31 AM #33Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
In the end, I had an emergency c-sec and didn't need one. But for my first child, I had an induced vaginal delivery, and I made the mistake of telling them I would decide later when I was offered an epidural and ended up not getting one when I did want it (within the medically prescribed time frame). So if you're offered an epidural and you are having a vaginal delivery, just take it, because you may not get it later if you change your mind. But basically, don't wait for them to offer...just ask. I think they gave me the painkiller shot that Karhu mentioned but it didn't seem to help.
Also try to practice deep breathing, maybe while pinching yourself. They provide gas which definitely helps the pain IF you can manage to not panic and breathe through the contractions.
I must be the only one that actually liked the hospital food. But I agree that you might need snacks to supplement. They tend to do rounds with milk and fruit but when I was there, the fruit was orange... not very filling.
Last edited by charade; 03-28-2013 at 09:34 AM.
- By SND in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-21-2016, 10:02 AM
- By HK Foodie in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 14Last Post: 08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
- By keywong in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2011, 12:19 PM
- By echance in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 07-26-2005, 12:06 PM
- By hkgirl in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 11-23-2003, 08:40 PM