Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Delivering at Queen Elizabeth hospital

djudju is offline Registered User

Delivering at Queen Elizabeth hospital

Hi!

In a 2 month time I'll deliver my baby in QEH. I have seen a lot of posts about QMH or other public hospitals but only a few about QEH.

Does anyone have any experience to share with me? About delivery, the staff, the rules as for the husband's presence during labor, the ward in itself and the support mothers receive from the staff after the birth...

I'm a bit worried because the way things go here in public hospitals is really different from what happens in my country so I don't really know what to expect... There are so many questions coming to my mind, plus the fact that giving birth already worries me a lot :-(

Thank you!

realjoy likes this.

prettynvain is offline Registered User

My friend gave birth at QEH last November. She was overdue already. So they asked her to come on the specific date to induce, but when she's there, they asked her to go back home first as her cervix is still close. The nurses just told them they are so full and she's still not ready to give birth.

HK Foodie is offline Registered User

I have posted about my experience at QEH hospital before....hope you find something useful(look towards end for my recap)

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread158485-2.html

realjoy likes this.

Thank you for your answers!

Hk foodie: thanks for sharing your experience, it gives me a better understanding of what to expect.

On the "advice on pregnancy" leaflet from the hospital they say: mother should bring pyjamas, bath towel, personal hygiene accessories, cleaning bottle, cotton wool ball, antiseptic lotion, maternity pad with bandage, a cup.
    So just to recap, what was useless?
    And I don't understand their maternity pads with bandage... What did you get in the end and where did you buy it?
    As for the baby, they ask me to bring a small plastic bowl and cotton wool pads. What is it for? Is it really necessary?
    As for the baby clothes, I just need to bring one set when I go home, right?
    Thank you for your help ;-)

Oh I have 2 more questions :-)
    1) Do they have any plugs to charge the mobile?
    2) Is there a place to put your luggage and valuable items (mobile phone) when you're not in the ward?
    Thanks!

prettynvain is offline Registered User

They have plugs but my friend says they will not allow you to charge.. Or atleast make sure they won't see you.. They also have locker but space is too small so better don't bring too much stuffs.

Mini-me is offline Registered User

I recently gave birth at QE and I only took a bath towel, personal hygiene stuff and maternity pads for me and nappies and wipes for the baby. I just had the kotex ones you get from the supermarket. The hospital provided pajamas for me and baby and I asked my husband to bring the going home clothes on the day we left hospital.

Thank you for your answers!
    Now I know what to bring with me and what's useless.
    I don't understand why the staff doesn't want us to use their plugs, coz there available, and my mobile will be my only link with my husband and family who will only be allowed to visit me for 3 miserable hours a day...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast