Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Princess Margaret Hospital PMH - feedback please

k.kong is offline Registered User

Princess Margaret Hospital PMH - feedback please

Hi all,

I'm now 15 1/2 weeks pregnant with our first child, and I have not yet registered with a hospital. I've had all my antenatal care so far with a private obstetrician, but I know I need to register ASAP.

We have just moved to Tung Chung, and when I phoned Tsang Yuk they told me to register for PMH. I have tried searching for feedback about this hospital but all the threads are very old, and most of it is very negative. I feel extremely apprehensive about registering here as a result! Has anyone had more recent experiences??

I was recently admitted to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, and I have to say my experience was rather appalling. The English level was so bad they admitted me under another person's identity. It wasn't until I saw the paperwork I realised they were filling in my details on another person's file. The nurses would do things without telling me what it was or why, which is very stressful. Being given medication without knowing what it is or why. I have a feeling PMH will be the same, but I want to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks in advance!

m_c
    m_c is offline Registered User

I went to PMH and found it fine. Doctors English was fine but some of the nurses in the green and white uniforms weren't so great. But if you don't understand they were quite good at getting someone else to come and speak with me. I had GD and high blood pressure so was in and out a bit. Over all I think it was a good experience for the price and I wouldn't hesitate to go backe there for my next pregnancy.

prettynvain is offline Registered User

Yes dear. You will be forwarded to the Hospital that covers your area. Some people will use their friend's address if they want to go to QMH. They will change one of their bank's address so they can have address proof under their name. But the downfall is when your on labor and you are so far from QMH