Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

looking for a Thai helper, any advice/experience to share?

lollipops is offline Registered User
    hong kong

looking for a Thai helper, any advice/experience to share?

I've hired and fired several Filipino helpers over the past year and it really has been a waste of money and time hiring, training, then letting her go (and repeating the process again and again!).

I now have a really great helper who has only been with me for a month but I found out she's already looking for another job (actually she didn't want to come to HK in the first place, she's just using me/this job as a stepping stone while she waits for a job offer from overseas!).
    What would you do in this situation? Allow her to continue working with you until she decides it's time to leave, or might as well let her go now ? (She doesn't know that I know she's thinking of leaving... when I asked her if she's happy here she says she's really happy and doesn't give any hints about wanting to leave)

Regardless, I will need to hire another helper. Don't want to try another Filipino (no offense to anyone). Has anyone hired a Thai helper before? Any comments/advice please?

thank you!!

Pratthana is offline Registered User
    Hi, I'm nid.
    Do you found the Thai helper?
    If not.. I can help you!!

AileenLi is offline Registered User
    Hi pratthana
    We are interested in a thai helper who can cook thai food. how can we find one?

zxcv is offline Registered User
    Hi Pratthana,

We're looking for a full-time Thai helper who can cook... Can you help please?

Pandy is offline Registered User
    A colleague had previously hired a Thai helper. There were some issues with this particularly helper, such as coming home to find her doing aerobic exercises, as she apparently wanted to keep fit to find a foreign bf in HK... made me giggle when I heard this. Is there any particular reason you want a Thai helper other than having issues with your Filipino helpers and liking Thai food? The English ability of Thais are generally lower than those from Philippines, so that might cause some hurdles. You could consider a Sri Lankan helper.

krummecks is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Dear Nid
    Long time since you wrote the reply, but thought I ask anyway.
    We are looking for a full time Thai helper.
    We have 2 kids - both in secondary school and live in Clearwater Bay.
    Please let me know if you know someone who is interested.