Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Flying with a 14m old

karhu is offline Registered User

Flying with a 14m old

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience flying finnair with a baby/toddler? We are planning to do so this summer and wanna know about the baby arrangment and whether the special baby row is needed for our 14m old girl!

And anything I need to be careful of or prepare for this trip?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Siesta is offline Registered User
    Hello,
    I would say, check the size of the babycot provided by the airline you are flying with. I found that at 14 months my child could no longer fit comfortably in the cot.
    I much preferred sitting in a normal row and making a makeshift bed on the floor with all the pillows and blankets, I could find. She slept 8 out of the 12 hours the flight lasted that way.
    I also always pack new toys when we travel. That keeps her entertained for a while. Oh yes, and also new snacks. Although I found that she's rarely hungry when we travel.
    I bring small milk cartons too, she usually drinks a lot.
    So, in summary, no baby tow for us (plus we are tall people and are really not comfortable sitting in front a bulkhead.)
    At 14 months old, travelling wasn't bad, now that she's 2, she wants to go and explore the place, in particular on day flights. This can be a little bit more challenging!

karhu is offline Registered User
    Oh thanks for the advice! So useful! I think sleeping on the floor is a good idea as long as we make sure we don't kick her!!! :p

I thought bulkhead would have more leg room? The standard seats have very little space on the floor between seats?