Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By carang
  • 1 Post By rani
  • 2 Post By nicolejoy

Difficult Birthing Experience Support Group

Sarahmiles is offline Registered User

Difficult Birthing Experience Support Group

Has anyone out there experienced a difficult or tramatic birth experience? I just recently had an Emergency C-section at Pamela Huede Hospital where a lot went wrong. I am having a hard time with the emotional and physical recovery and would love to find a support group out there if one exists. Any other new moms out there had a bad experience with Pamela Huede in HK?

tsubasa is offline Registered User
    I don't know of a support group for that specifically, but I am really sorry you had a bad time! I would love to be a supportive listener if you need one! You can PM me.

carang is offline Registered User
    i had a terrible birth experience for my first at QMH. it was tough, but when i realised that for me, the most important thing was that we both made it out alive, i got over it. also, it occurred to me after a few months that like it isn't the wedding day that counts, but the marriage... the same holds true for the birth. it isn't the birth so much as everything that comes after it that, for me, is what counts.

sorry, those were the two things that got me through a very difficult time.

i know that every person is different and i hope that you are able to deal with the pain of not having the experience you had planned on or hoped for. I hope you and baby are both healthy and eventually happy.
    Moonlight likes this.

rani is offline Administrator
    Am so sorry that you had a rough experience at PY. We are here if you need to talk.

Moonlight likes this.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I had a poor prenatal diagnosis and had an emotionally traumatic pregnancy/first few months after my daughter was born. I searched for support groups but they are non-existent here in HK. That said, there are many people who you can talk to and that really helped me. I've made some great friends who have shared in my ups and downs - but I had to take the first step of opening up to them. If you do want to talk with someone, I'm happy to catch up for coffee or something like that. My experience is not exactly the same as yours but I'm happy to listen/talk about my experiences...
    carang and Moonlight like this.

Moonlight is offline Registered User
    I agree to CaraNg that we need to move on ASAP. I totally can understand how it must have felt with a poor delivery experience because people around me have been telling me the similar thing, especially those with public hospital. And I know say is easier then do, so here I am, willing to be a good listener if not more.

Love and hugs
    Mothers support groupKnitting & CrochetYoga buddiesCoffee groupChildren Club Language Exchange for kids or adultsFree Mandarin conversation 1:1

Sarahmiles is offline Registered User
    Thank you everyone for the kind words of support. I have been talking to friends and other moms alot which has helped. I hope if we decide to have another baby in HK things will be better the 2nd time around. thanks again everyone!

KathyKitzis is offline Registered User
    Hi Sarah,
    it can be hard processing a difficult birth. It doesn't have to be physically traumatic to be scarring.
    I had a complicated pregnancy 1st time and suffered from PND after. A lot of people said "you are healthy, the babies are healthy" but often that isn't enough.
    I found it took quite a while and one of the best things I ever did was write a reflective paper on that experience. I had to do this for some studies but it was the most healing thing I did.
    Do find people to talk about it with, people who have had a similar experience because that is what can help a lot. I remember looking for a PND support group but there was nothing around. Because of that I have always been very open about having it and also welcome sharing experiences with others. Do PM me if you want to share your story.
    Take care