Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ESF and ESF PIS

chrcheu is offline Registered User

ESF and ESF PIS

Hi all, may I know the difference between normal ESF schools and the PIS run by its affiliate, i.e. RC and Discovery college, in terms of teaching quality, tuition etc.? Thanks!

rani is offline Administrator

The tuition at the private schools are higher as they don't receive the gov't subvention which is approx $2500/mth.

I would say the teaching is the same as both are following the PYP/IB curriculum. However, Renaissance is known for having a stronger Mandarin program than the regular ESF schools. Not sure if this is the same for Discovery College.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

chrcheu is offline Registered User

Thanks Rani. How about the application process? Would it be easier?

rani is offline Administrator

I don't think so. They do get a number of applications as well. But there's no harm in trying. The application fee is only $800. However, do have a look at their school fees. Renaissance has increased their non-refundable building levy to $50,000.

http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/content/applications

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Jomama is offline Registered User

I heard the mandarin program is not strong at all at DC. Sometimes it depends on the student demographic, and given the population in disco bay you can guess their Chinese would not be strong.
    Posted via Mobile Device

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I think it is pretty difficult to get into DC as it is not zoned (as I understand the other ESF schools are) so they receive applications from all over HK. Have to say that the school's building and facilities look very impressive but my kids are not there so can't comment on the teaching.

Scroll to top