Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

19 weeks pregnant no weight gain! Only weight loss?

TNJ
    TNJ is offline Registered User

19 weeks pregnant no weight gain! Only weight loss?

Hi Ladies,

I can not believe I'm about to complain about weight loss, hahaha! But here goes..

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and haven't gained any weight so far.

Throughout the first trimester I had morning sickness all day, everyday up until about 15 weeks when it began to ease off. I lost a little weight about 9-10lbs. Which is fine because I was a little bit overweight to begin with!

Even at 15 weeks I didn't really get more of an appetite, I just stayed the same weight.

Last week I got gastroenteritis, and went to a local GP that gave me a few pills to ease the pain of my stomach, stop the vomiting and diarrhea. (too much info - sorry!) The pills he gave me made me feel ten times worse and after a nap I woke up with a raging fever and could not stop vomiting, I couldn't even keep down water.

After another nap, there was still no improvement so I went to hospital and I was admitted straight away. I was dehydrated with a high fever and had low potassium levels. After four bags of fluid I felt a lot better, but still have no appetite.

I'm home now and I have just weighed myself and have discovered I've lost another 3lbs.

I'm worried because my stomach is still so sensitive and I can only eat bananas and oatmeal in small portions.

Has anyone else lost weight like this? The doc's haven't said anything so I'm guessing its alright?

Any comments would be great!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!

xx

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    The weight loss might not be an issue depending on your pre-pregnancy weight, but have they given you any help/advice about getting a balanced diet while sick? It's important to be getting protein,calcium etc

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    as long as your baby is growing you don't need to worry. i only gained 8-9lbs for each of my 3 babies and they came out 6.6/6.6 and 7.3lbs...not too bad! I ate plenty of small meals (was eating like 5-6meals a day) make sure you ask the doc if the baby is growing...if so nothing to worry about!

karhu is offline Registered User
    Research has shown that your weight gain does not necessarily correlate to your baby's weight gain, as long as baby is growing you don't need worry about weight gain so much but it is important to get good nutrition during pregnancy, its a good idea to consider taking supplements if you can't eat a lot, and once you feel better hopefully you will get your appetite back!!! Get well soon!!!

TNJ
    Thanks girls!

I hope I feel better soon, I still have only managed simple meals with out being uncomfortable.

My pre-pregnancy weight was over weight anyways so I'm not really fussed but I just worry about the baby. The dr's haven't said anything regarding the issue I just wondered if anyone else had the same thing. I'm currently eating a diet of bananas and oatmeal!

But I can't wait to get my appetite back, I cant wait to dig in to a proper hearty meal! xx

carang is offline Registered User
    during my first trimester, i lost over 20lbs. i was only 5 lbs heavier the day i gave birth than the day i got pregnant.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    I meant to say I would strongly recommend always double checking any drugs you're prescribed by doctors here whilst you're pregnant/nursing. I was given painkillers after my baby was born and assured they were safe for breast feeding, but I found out later they shouldn't be given to nursing women!

TNJ
    Aquarian,

I agree with you 10000%! I hate taking anything that looks like a tablet while pregnant, I want to breast feed too. Especially Dr's in HK, you have a sniffle and they give you 9 different pills! x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast