Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

IT band problems and other pains...

RookieMom0212 is offline Registered User

IT band problems and other pains...

Hiya new moms, I am a first time mom and 32 weeks along now. I have been having chronic muscle and nerve tingling pain in my left leg all the way up to my glut area since the before 20 weeks. I used to be a long distance runner and have had IT band issues. Now it's come back with a vengeance. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on exercises safe for pregnancy for this particular pain? I'm assuming my gluts are much weaker now due to pregnancy and so the pressure is worse on my leg. I can't sleep due to the pain and pressure. My doc says to see an orthopaedic, though I'm not sure what he can do.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    I would definitely recommend seeing a physiotherapist.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned
    I had similar and was also a distance runner (still am!) I tried Physio but didn't really help although cost me a lot of money, but it's certainly worth a try. Osteo was what made a huge difference to me and also to another friend on my recommendation who was also a runner. Obviously your centre of gravity shifts in pregnancy and also all your muscles and ligaments soften which can exacerbate any existing problems - mine was an old issue all related to weak core/pelvic instability. Good luck and I recommend trying osteo for sure...

Thanks for the tip TNT! Any recommendations fo reliable osteos in HK? My old issue was weak gluts and weak core instability as diagnosed by the Physiotherapy I had for several months during the peak of the injury. Now it's just as bad as before. I would like to take up running again after baby is born, so hoping to get treatment so I'll be ready :) good to know there are other running moms out there! May ping you another time about running tips with a LO!

kip1 is offline Registered User
    I saw Nathalie Tellier, the osteo at IMI throughout my pregnancy, she made a world of difference. 1st pregnancy I saw a Physio but it was only very short term relief. I had none of the pains 2nd time round and i'm sure seeing an osteo made a huge difference. Nathalie treats a lot of pregnant women . Highly highly recommend !

Quote Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
    I saw Nathalie Tellier, the osteo at IMI throughout my pregnancy, she made a world of difference. 1st pregnancy I saw a Physio but it was only very short term relief. I had none of the pains 2nd time round and i'm sure seeing an osteo made a huge difference. Nathalie treats a lot of pregnant women . Highly highly recommend !
    Thanks for the reco Kip! What does she charge normally? Trying to weigh out whether I should go see her for relief or go see the physio for a massage.