Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Frisolac gold 1

djudju is offline Registered User

Frisolac gold 1

Hi everyone!

Last week I gave birth to my baby and I originally planned to breast feed. Unfortunately I don't have enough milk for the time being so I have to give my baby formula milk at the same time.

My husband bought a can of formula milk in a hurry so he bought one of the most famous brand: frisolac gold.

The thing is I don't know if this milk is safe. Does anyone use this milk? Any feedback? Or any advice?

Thank you for your help!

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    I don't know about formula, but are you pumping as well as supplementing? The best way to increase supply is to feed/pump as much a possible.

I'm pumping at the same time but the quantity of milk i can express is not enough, so I have to give supplement

rani is offline Administrator
    I used to drink lots of water and also took Fenugreek. I would also pump while feeding. If I needed to supplement I used Enfamil. Best to speak to your pediatrician on which formula to use. Most have samples for you to try.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

carolinelllhk is offline Registered User
    If your baby is only a week old you can still breastfeed exclusively as your milk supply is very new; it usually takes at least 6 weeks to establish a supply. Go to www.llhk.org for the contact phone numbers for La Leche League leaders who can provide some free, up to date and accurate advice by phone.

All our leaders have breastfed their own children and also been trained in breastfeeding management. It will still be very easy at this early stage to breastfeed and then you don't need to worry about which formula is safe.
    Caroline

Thank you for your advice. The thing is that during the first week I breast fed exclusively but my baby got dehydrated and lost too much weight. So I had to start giving supplement to avoid my baby to go to hospital because if his weight loss :-(
    I have recently tried to stop giving him formula milk but he got dehydrated again...
    I've had so coaching on breast feeding but all the consultants I saw said the same thing: I don't have enough milk for the time being so I have to give some supplement and stimulate my breast as much as possible for my milk supply to increase.

charade is offline Registered User
    Djudju, follow your instincts and do what you feel is right for your child. If that means formula, so be it. I supplemented a little and then exclusively breastfed for five months for two kids so formula doesn't mean the end of breastfeeding. And neither is not breastfeeding the worst thing that could happen to mum or baby.

I delivered in the public system and the hospital authority rotates formula because they believe that they are all pretty much the same. I share that view. I chose to go with Cow and Gate because that was what they supplemeted by baby with and he showed no adverse reaction. It turned out to be a less popular formula and so easy to get hold of. I think choosing a less popular one might be the way to go because there's no real evidence that one is better than the other, though different babies might take to different ones.

So unless your baby has special feeding needs (like allergies etc) any that is easy to acquire and that your baby accepts should be fine. My understanding is that all formula imported into Hong Kong are safe.
    Manuenjoyce likes this.

Thank you for your support.
    I'll continue supplementing with the same formula milk until my milk supply is enough for me to breast feed exclusively. I just hope that my milk supply will increase...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast