Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By havalina

i-angel four seasons hipseat/baby carrier

Aquarian is offline Registered User

i-angel four seasons hipseat/baby carrier

Has anyone used one of these? Recently I've seen loads of people (especially men) wearing them but it's Korean so I've not been able to find any reviews online.

It's this one on groupon: i-Angel Hip Seat Carrier though it's sold out now.

It looks good in principle but I've seen differing reports on the minimum age (3m vs 6m) and I'm wondering whether the 'seat' is good for developing spines/hips etc.

Last edited by Aquarian; 04-29-2013 at 02:39 PM.

rani is offline Administrator

It looks like an Ergo copy

Ergobaby

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Yes, but it's also forward facing, which ergo isn't, and looks a bit easier to put on. Also looks like it doesn't need an insert for young babies which would be much nicer in hot weather.

cherubic37 is offline Registered User

Also,~ from my experience, you shouldnt use it for 3month olds, they can barely support themselves up.

cherubic - thanks for the tip and the weblink, though the page for the pognae wouldn't open for some reason. I've found some reviews of the pognae which were very positive and as the i-angel seems to be a fairly blantant copy, I'm hoping many of the comments will apply.

We decided to risk it and have bought the i-angel carrier, though our little one is still a bit small for it I think, so I might try using the ergo insert inside the i-angel carrier to see how that works, would give his bum a bit more padding as well which is probably a good thing at this stage.

Having said that , it seems much better suited to HK weather than the ergo and it's much easier to put on, so mr aquarian is in love with it already.

havalina is offline Registered User

I know this is an old thread but just i case someone is looking for info on the i-angel later I will put my opinion on it.
    It is the best carrier I have had and I have had a few. It is not the same as the pognae as it has straps for carrying it on both shoulders which makes it more secure for your little one plus divides the weight on 3 points, shoulders and hips.
    the child sits (doesn't hang) facing front or back very comfortably. My baby who is a 12kg 10 month old sleeps happily in it without waking up when I sit down, which he did when I used our last carrier because his position would change when I sat but with this he just continues sleeping comfortably. he loves facing forward waving and bouncing and can sit much longer than he could in any other carrier.
    I lent it to my friend whos 7 month old baby hated any carrier she tried and again her daughter loved it and was lauoghing and waving and very comfortable facing forward and sleeps well facing in. Her mom was reluctant trying it as she was sure her daughter wouldnt take to any carrier.
    I am not working for i-angel and I am not paid to endorse them I just read the imediate negative response on the question above with people giving feedback with no actual experience and I wanted to share my personal love for this product. My 2 year old daughter also uses just the hip sit pillow without the shoulder strap part (which can be zipped off) when we our out for walks and she gets a bit tired and wants to be carried for a while. So I can highly recommend this carrier. It is also not thick in the fabric so they don't get too hot in the Hong Kong weather.
    All in all the best carrier in my opinion (having a very heavy baby).

Dobs likes this.