Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Good international or normal kindergarten in TKO?

kathykathy87 is offline Registered User
    Cool, so are you from Hong Kong or you are westerner? Thanks for the informations and I appreciate ^_^ I also would like to meet more ppl around as I am a full time mum, so is it hard to enter ESF? I heard there are some international schools in Sai Kung as well, is it far from TKO?

charade is offline Registered User
    Neither...I'm Indian :)

I think ESF primary is getting quite competitive and also more expensive. The kindergarten had many applications too but I like their admission process which is not really about interviewing the child but a kind of playdate. They divide kids into Category 1 (English is the family's first language, and other criteria like having siblings in the school) and Category 2 (English is not the first language). Then it's pretty much like a lucky draw. I think that's fairer than judging two-year-olds on their ability to perform at an interview. But because there are so many kids applying it is not a breeze to get in ... my kid calls in Category 1 but he was still waitlisted, though with an almost certain chance of an afternoon slot. However, since I already had a place at Deborah, I dropped it. My experience is that kindergarten admission need not be a big stress if you are flexible. But then again, there's a good chance I will just move back to India when the kids are in primary so I have a back-up plan when it comes to schooling here so maybe that's why I'm not stressed about it.

For primary, there's an ESF school in clearwater bay and I think one more international school is opening in the area. There are also a couple of DSS schools and local school options. Sai Kung is about 40 minutes away by public bus... probably half and hour or less by car. For a primary school kid, I think that distance would be okay. However, other schools in Kowloon by bus might be reachable in the same time, so you need not limit to Sai Kung for primary.

cocomusic is offline Registered User
    Hi Kathy,

I am a stay at home mom with a baby boy aged 8 months living in Tiu Keng Leng. I want to make a friend with other parents who also live in this area. We can go walk round shopping mall nearby and arrange palygroup easily. I also hope to expose my son to English and Mandarin lively. We can learn more English and Mandarin from you by sharing cooking,parenting.

Pls contact me at 62212489 if you are interested. Thanks
    Coco

jilllovesred is offline Registered User
    I've taught at Garden House International Pre school. They are at silverstrand beach just off clearwater bay road. They are fantastic. They've a website you can check them out. Feel free to contact news if you need to know more :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using GeoClicks mobile app

taiwanosaurus is offline Registered User
    Hi Charade,

Just moved into Ocean Shores and interested in meeting up to say hello if you'd like. I am british and my wife is Taiwanese. Our boy is 3 and will start kindie as soon as we sort out the place (been a bit of a rush) and our daughter is 1. We're in block 8. Ping me on 6015 3315 if you want to meet downstairs at the playground at some point :)

Tom

hi Emma, any info on the Lions Club kindie in Tiu Keng Leng? They have space but I am new to the area and want to get any local guidance if available.

Thanks! Tom

nix23 is offline Registered User
    I just saw this thread. I also live in TKO (moved to HK quite recently from the UK) and my son is enrolled at Mills International Preschool in Yau Tong. He loves it there. I was a bit concerned that since it is a new school they would not be well established but they are part of a bigger education group and I have to say I'm very impressed. The facilities are amazing (really spacious and well planned, even compared to the nursery school my son was at in the UK). The head is really friendly and so are the teachers. My husband and I had a big debate about which school to go for (I'm Chinese and he's British) and we looked at a few in the area but I'm glad we chose this one. The other kindergartens don't have the same international philosophy. Would be happy to meet up for play dates with other parents in the area!

Hey Nix23! Thanks for the tip :)

We seem to have similar family backgrounds so shall we meet up? I have a 3 year old boy and 1 year old girl. We're in Ocean Shores and come down to TKO to Popcorn quite often. Where are you based?

My number is 6015 3315 - I am abroad on business now until end of next week.

Cheers!
    Tom

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast