Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

any 1st time mothers to be in Yuen Long area?

aitkenb is offline Registered User

any 1st time mothers to be in Yuen Long area?

Hi

I recently moved up to the YL area and I'm due to to give birth end of July at Tuen Mun hospital. Wondered if there were any other 1st time mothers out there (or even 2nd or 3rd...) who wanted to chat and offer some mutual support.

Also, I would love to hear from anyone who has given birth at Tuen Mun hospital. I have heard mixed things but pleased to say that I have had very positive experiences so far and have been satisfied with the services I have recieved. Specifically I wondered about birth plans. The doctor advised me to submit it to Tuen Mun hospital managment but nothing on the internet about this. I know they don't always honour birth plans but as mine is very simple and straight forward I would expect them to consider it. Luckily we have written permission for my husband to attend the birth (all being well).

Thanks in advance!

hoochie is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    I am also a first time mum living in YL. I've no first hand experience of Tuen Mun Hospital but have heard not so pleasant stories about it. Hence I've booked into Shatin Prince of Wales. I'm due 21 Dec this year. What about you? :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks Mobile

With the birth well and truely done with, all I can say was Tuen Mun were good. I mean, i had the exact natural birth I wanted, Staff were friendly, baby and I were well taken care of, breasfeeding coaches and loads of post hospital help with breasfeeding is availballe. People rend to harp on about how backwards the HK government hospitals are with regards to childbirth and it is a load of rubbish. Skin to skin contact and breastfeeding immediately after birth was encouraged and baby stayed by myside throughout my stay. It cost a total of 250 dollars. Please don't listen to all the horror stories. My birth was as perfect as could be. Birth plan adhered to and I still use the government clinic to get vaccinactions. Again, post birth they really helped with breastfeeding, providing coaching classes. Hats off to to the public healthcare system. Much more positive experience with this than my private doctor, when I had ny scans. She had no bedside manner at all!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

*excuse all my typos. Anyway, Tuen Mun hospital was excellent with all my prenatal, birth and postnatal care!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app