Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help in finding a paediatric dentist

Polly is offline Registered User

Help in finding a paediatric dentist

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a paediatric dentist to to a filling for my 6 year old daughter.

It was attempted once before by her usual dentist but it took the dentist and her staff so long to set up the gas and air that I think it made my daughter nervous after waiting in the chair for about 10 minutes and it didn't fill me with confidence that any of them knew how to set up the gas and air equipment. When they were eventually ready my daughter couldn't tolerate the smell of the gas and began to cry and so it didn't go ahead.

I know that the gas can be scented with more pleasant smells like strawberry etc. but does anyone know if any dentists in Hong Kong provide this?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Best Regards, Pauline

sea princess is offline Registered User

dentist

I can recommend Dr Stephen Burrows (Located at Central Building 1 Pedder St). he is fabulous with kids, very reassuring, experienced and gentle. My daughter had a similar experience with a dentist and since going to him, we have not looked back. Not sure about the gas as she has never needed it. Even my 2 1/2 year old likes seeing him!

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Hi All,

I'm trying to find a paediatric dentist to to a filling for my 6 year old daughter.

It was attempted once before by her usual dentist but it took the dentist and her staff so long to set up the gas and air that I think it made my daughter nervous after waiting in the chair for about 10 minutes and it didn't fill me with confidence that any of them knew how to set up the gas and air equipment. When they were eventually ready my daughter couldn't tolerate the smell of the gas and began to cry and so it didn't go ahead.

I know that the gas can be scented with more pleasant smells like strawberry etc. but does anyone know if any dentists in Hong Kong provide this?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Best Regards, Pauline

Polly is offline Registered User
    Thanks very much for taking the time to post. I telephoned today and they do the scented gas! From your description of Dr. Burrows and my conversation with his office today I'm feeling very optimistic, so thanks again.

Regards, Pauline