Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Anfield (Kowloon Tong) vs. ESF (Tsing Yi) vs. Montessori (DB)

Jomama is offline Registered User

Anfield (Kowloon Tong) vs. ESF (Tsing Yi) vs. Montessori (DB)

My 2.5 year old son has offer for all three schools (only) and i cannot decide which one to go. I love the Montessori one the most, but it does not have any primary school affiliation and we all know how important that is in Hong Kong.

We live in Tung Chung, so all three requires a bit of traveling. My son is very active and curious, so i am not sure if we should get him a school that is higher in discipline or higher in freedom...

zenmaster is offline Registered User
    Hello,

my son has gone to the Discovery Montessori school in DB (DMS) since it started, and my girl is going to playgroup there. We also live in Tung Chung. The school is outstanding in every way. Caring committed administration, teachers, and staff who you can actually talk to at any time! Amazing access and atmosphere compared to most other kindergartens we looked at.

We looked at the Tsing Yi school, but heard from a parent who got accepted there that they weren't even guaranteeing interviews for Discovery College anymore. The teachers and program didn't seem very impressive to them, so they passed on it. That's all 2nd hand though, so maybe you can hear from parents whose children actually attend there.

Can't comment on the Kowloon Tong school as I've never heard of it.

Have to give highest possible recommendation to the DMS Montessori school in DB though. My son got into Kingston, Yew Chung, and ISF Academy, so you can get into good schools from there.

Good luck with your decision. I'm sure it will work out fine in the end, no matter which way you choose.

Jomama is offline Registered User
    Thank you Zenmaster for your reply! I didn't realize i have a reply until now, and anyhow we have chosen DMS in the end :) Must say that Casa class is everything i've hoped for. Just got a casual call from his teacher today to discuss his progress too.

Are you taking your daughter to playgroup? Is she in the AM class? If so, we might've bumped into each other on the bus without knowing it ;)