Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Missed abortion - misdiagnosis?

Dancer is offline Registered User
    I'm touched by your encouragement and warm words. Unfortunately, I do not have any good news. I had 3 further scans with 2 other obgyns in the meantime, the last one last Fri at 9 weeks, and they all showed an empty sac with nothing in it, like a black hole, last one measured 22mm. I'm just surprised I haven't miscarried naturally yet, and it may become dangerous to wait it out for much longer. So last scan this week and if nothing changed, I will need to go for a D&C :( I'm in a dilemma because some stories on the internet say the baby could still be found in rare cases after 10 weeks, but the probability is so small that I have to weigh it against the complications of a natural m/c after 10 weeks.
    I will post an update when I have news.

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    I am sorry to hear, I myself didn't have such a pleasant time at the beginning of my pregnancy so hang in there.

justarlene is offline Registered User
    Sending prayers & baby dust to you. As long as doctor allows you to wait for a little bit longer, hang in there. Be safe ....

Dancer is offline Registered User
    So things didn't turn out well for me :( I had my D&C yesterday, but the good news is that all went perfect and I only have minor pain and bleeding so far. After my hCG levels dropped and a final scan before the procedure showed a shrinking empty sac, things were more than clear to us all. I just couldn't stand the nerve-wrecking wait any longer, so the D&C has given me closure. This forum has helped me so much to get through this. So thanks for your kind words and encouragements again.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Alexander Doo from The Women's Clinic in Central. From the 3 obgyns I had consulted for my case, he was by far the most professional, knowledgeable and empathic one. He also likes to crack a joke here and there, but always at the right moment and is serious when it is warranted. He really knows what he's doing, and it was him who performed the D&C at the Matilda for me (which was expensive but worth it - the bill came to HKD 26k+), despite my retroverted uterus which is at higher risk for perforation, all went perfect. I fell asleep the moment the anaesthesist pumped the fluid into my arm and awoke 45mins later when all was over, with almost no pain and only light bleeding. I was able to leave the hospital within the next 2.5 hours.
    He was recommended to me by a friend who had delivered her baby naturally with him and she was over the moon about him. And I also see he has a very good reputation on this forum, which I am glad to see as he really deserves it.

justarlene is offline Registered User
    I am really sorry for your loss. It's really great to hear you are coping well. Stay positive. :)

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    I am glad it went well, have a good rest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12