Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone used Dr May Mok?

sanii is offline Registered User

Has anyone used Dr May Mok?

Has anyone used Dr Mak Mok and can shed some light on their experience with her in terms of bedside manner, knowledge, delivery and hospitals? I'm a first time mum so am quite anxious. Had originally considered Dr Doo who has a wonderful rep but he seems on the higher end of the price scale and I'm not fully covered. Thanks!

firsttime_mommy is offline Registered User
    Im using dr mok and have been happy with her so far im still in very early stage though. She is young and expensive for the experience level but i dont belive more experience always makes one a better doctor. At least my wait with her is under 30 minutes. Ive heard Dr doo and dr ghosh have quite long waits.

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    From what I recall, yes Dr Doo charges are high but Dr Mok isn't that much cheaper.

ricotta is offline Registered User
    I do not have experience with her for pregnancy follow-up/delivery but I find her very kind with good bedside manners.
    She is pretty expensive but if you want more details, call the clinic, the staff will inform you on that matter.

M.Christy is offline Registered User
    I've been using her for prenatal checkups and ultrasounds and have decided to change to a different Dr. I've found her to be fine when it comes to performing medical examinations, but when it comes to answering questions she can be pretty vague and sometimes will altogether not answer the actual question. As you can imagine, this can become really stressful if ones having complications. On a side note, her English is good, so don't think that's got anything to do with it.

I also found it weird that she never acknowledged my husband during the appointments i.e. never said 'hi' to him and never directed conversation towards us (all conversation was directed towards me).

It's also true that she's expensive & I get the impression she tries to book you into more appointments then are necessarily.

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    Umm that don't sound too good at all, which doctor did you change to if you don't mind sharing and at how many weeks were you when you changed?

Babyontheway is offline Registered User
    I have been using her for prenatal checkups and have also had complications. I've found her to be really caring, experienced and compassionate. I think her tactic is to try to keep her patients calm and positive and maybe that's why she has been vague about your questions (just a thought). I guess she can't please everyone and won't suit everyone either, but I'll be using her again in the future.

honeytea is offline Registered User
    I had Dr. Mok for my first baby and I thought she was very good. Gentle bedside manners and always taking the time to get us good ultrasound pics during the check-ups. My husband was with me at each check-up and she's always chatted with both of us. We did have pretty frequent appointments, every two weeks in 1st and 3rd trimesters and every month in 2nd trimester. Actually I thought it was fine since I always wanted to make sure the baby was OK in there, but maybe for my next pregnancy i would have fewer checkups. We had a low-risk pregnancy with no complications though.

One of my friends switched to Dr. Mok very very late in her pregnancy because she had specific requests about delivery and her other Ob/Gyn didn't want to accommodate. She said Dr. Mok did accommodate her requests and she had a good experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top