Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Sanatorium or Matilda?

sallyklc is offline Registered User

Sanatorium or Matilda?

Hi,

I'm considering Sanatorium or Matilda, and really not sure which hospital to go for. My family and myself can all speak Cantonese, so language would jot he a problem for us.

As we visited both hospitals, we found that Sanatorium is much more convenient, and we feel that it seems quite nice already too. But we're really unsure about in terms of service, are there anything we should be aware of or take into consideration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

S

rani is offline Administrator
    A lot of Happy Valley Mums are opting to deliver at the Sanatorium for the convenience. It is a good hospital and it has recently been renovated. Have heard this from 2nd time mums who want to be near home and older siblings.

Matilda is Fab and is an amazing hospital. If you're a First Time Mum and you have insurance then would recommend the Matilda.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Thanks for your kind reply.

Are there anything that could be point out specifically that is better at Matilda, versus Sanatorium?

S

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i delivered at both and one thing that I would say is better at Matilda are the mid-wives. they are more personal and helpful compared to sanatorium. one thing I would caution is that if there are any unexpected complications to your pregnancy - sanatorium would be better equipped medically speaking...their "machines" are more new...though in extreme cases the baby would end up in QMH and being at Sanatorium would probably be closer.

Thank you for sharing ur experience :)

We don't have insurance, that's y we are struggling to decide whether to pay the extra money for Matilda. Though I'm sure Sanatorium would be very good anyway!

Lesliefu.. Do u mind sharing any comments on the ward u stay in? We're considering either the semi-private or the private at Sanatorium...
    Last edited by sallyklc; 06-27-2013 at 10:35 PM.

karhu is offline Registered User
    One thing about Matilda is that it is pro Breastfeeding whereas sanitorium and other private hospitals might have a more rigid feeding schedule which isn't the best for supporting Breastfeeding (feed on demand or every 2-3 hours)

I think if u have private room then the baby can stay with you or be with you when you want which can solve the issue re frequent breastfeeding

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    from what I recall, the only difference between the two is whether you want your own bathroom (private) or don't mind sharing (semi-private)...both cases you have your own privacy and can have baby room in...though I choose not too and told the nurses to bring the baby in when she cried...which they did - every 2 hours...they didn't try to convince me to sleep through - they just went with what I requested. as it was baby #2 I didn't mind having the baby not sleep with me in the room...

i was in a deluxe room as my other choice would have been a shared ward and I didn't feel comfortable about sharing a bathroom with 3 other women (luckily for me my insurance covered my bill)

if you don't have insurance I would go for sanatorium - the accommodations are very modern and new, the location is convenient - you (your husband) can grab a good bite to eat within walking distance...it's not as "resort" feel as Matilda for sure...but Sanatorium is nice! :)

Thank you so much for all the feedback.. All have been very helpful :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast