Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Graco Citilite vs. Aprica Karoon vs. Bugaboo Bee

ngnhk is offline Registered User

Graco Citilite vs. Aprica Karoon vs. Bugaboo Bee

I'm on the hunt for a stroller for our first baby due this autumn and currently quite conflicted. I do plan to use a carrier/sling, but I'd also like a newborn-friendly stroller where I can put the baby down in case I get tired of carrying purse/diaper bag/baby all at once. I am looking for something that meets the following criteria: lightweight but not flimsy, easily maneuverable, foldable (by one person while also holding the baby), has either a reversible seat or reversible handlebar (so bub can face me), and aesthetically pleasing.

I know a lot of people like the Maclaren, but I don't like the viewing window thing - and the Techno XT, which seems to be the only Maclaren a newborn can use, doesn't have a reversible seat. (Plus, I admit I just don't like the "look" of the Maclarens all together.)

Does anybody have opinions or comparisons on the three strollers mentioned in the title? The Graco and Aprica seem to be considerably lighter than the Bee, even though everyone tells me the Bee is very lightweight...so not sure what to think. I am kind of a wimp, so the 17 pound Bee might very well be too heavy for me by myself. I know the price points are very different, too, but I'm really just trying to figure out which meets my requirements best, regardless of price. Thanks.

P.S. If you have the Bee, did you use the cocoon when your baby was a newborn? Thx.

Just an update on this - I came across the Combi range yesterday, and they seem super lightweight, though not sure if ultra lightweight is really suitable for a newborn (though they say it is...) Does anyone have any opinions on this?

The Combi Urban Walker and Miracle Turn are each 6.5 kg, so a bit heavier than their ultra lightweight 4.6 kg prams, but considerably lighter than the Bee. (...though possibly STILL too heavy for me, so I might just have to suck it up and get stronger!)

zenmaster is offline Registered User
    Hello, just to chime in; Can't tell you anything about the other strollers you mentioned, but the Graco Citilite has been perfect for us. We've used it from infancy to now (1.5 years old) for our daughter) and will keep using it until she's done with strollers.

It's a full service stroller with storage underneath, adjustability, sun cover etc., but super-light and easy to fold up. We have to take the bus and fold up the stroller a lot, and I can easily deal with the stroller and my kid. Hasn't broken down at all, and my child sleeps in it all the time when we're out and about. Can't go wrong with it.

Hope that helps.

zenmaster is offline Registered User
    Oops, saw the OP wanted a reversible seat, so the Graco Citilite wouldn't work for that, but if you don't need the reversibility, you can't go wrong with it.

zzsp23 is offline Registered User
    We got the Bugaboo Bee, and whilst it's great on the ground, if i'm going out on my own, I would leave it at home and just use the baby carrier. It's too heavy, and as it doesn't stand up by itself, it does get a bit awkward especially if you are taking minibuses/buses and have to carry the baby as well . But if I'm going point to point in a taxi or driving, then I think it's great! I sometimes do wonder if I would use a stroller more often if I had a lighter one.

We were also looking at the Aprica Karoon before deciding to go with the Bee and in the end, decided on the Bee, cos it just seemed that bit sturdier, and it's so pretty:D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

ZZ, do you take the Bee on the MTR at all? I think for me, the problem may be that I might end up avoiding places which require me to wrestle the Bee in and out of a taxi boot, which I might not do if I had a lighter stroller. But it does seem great for weekend outings with hubby or if I just plan to take the baby on the MTR or for a bit of a walk in the mall or another flat surface... I wonder if that just makes me sound impractical?!

Did you get a newborn cocoon with yours? Ours will be a winter baby, so I think I probably would if we got the Bee.

Zenmaster, I think the Citilite does have a reversible handle, but while trying it out in the shop, I found it hard to steer with the seat in the rear-facing position. Did you use it from birth? Was your daughter comfortable in it when she was very small?

Thanks to you both :-)

No i don't use the MTR much but i think if you check that the ones you're using have a lift then it should be okay. It's not hard to lift the Bee in and out of a car boot, but you would need to put the baby down somewhere first. This is assuming you don't have someone else there to help you.

I didn't buy the cocoon, so don't know sorry!

What helped me get an idea is practising opening and folding the Bee and lifting it in the store. i found (and still do) find it hard to open, and my parents and in laws definitely struggle with it too.

You can get a good.feel of whether the weight is acceptable to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast