Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Aquarian

Parenting Help

Dave227 is offline Registered User

Parenting Help

Hi All

Its been awhile since I last was on here, afraid have been busy with preparing everything for the arrival of the bb.

I was wondering if there is any good books (that isn't too heavy on the pages) on parenting and how to deal with being a parent that people can recommend. This being our first baby, I think everyone can understand our nervousness and careful protection for the baby. We understand that most of the learning will come from experience, but any help we can get will make us more than happy!

many thanks

Dave

Aquarian is offline Registered User

I actually find I look up most things on the internet rather than in books particularly babycenter/centre.

You need to decide whether you're a `attachment parenting' kind of person - in which case Dr Sears books might suit, or a 'scheduling' type parent in which case try Gina Ford. I liked the E.A.S.Y. book, (forgot the author) which is kind of in the middle. Annabel karmel is another popular choice.

Dave227 likes this.

carang is offline Registered User

there are hundreds of books out there... you need to do a little online research to see which ones fit with your philosophy of life.

ie) if you are spontaneous person who likes to do things spur of the moment, then gina ford would most definitely not be for you...