Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Playpens

zzsp23 is offline Registered User

Playpens

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone owns a BabyDan or Lindam playpen and could tell me whether it's easily foldable? Both playpens claim to be easily stored, but i can't find anywhere that shows exactly how easy it is.

We need one that we can put away behind the couch every evening, so we don't want to be spending too much muscle or time doing this every day ;)

If anyone has one and can offer insights it would be so much appreciated! I went to mothercare and they had the lindam one but.besides being able to read me the wording on the box, the sales girl was unable and unwilling to show me exactly how to do it

Other option is the wooden Toysrus one which can be made into different shapes. Has anyone used that one? Would you recommend?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hi, I had a Baby Dan one and yes, it is relatively easy to break down and store but I would not be keen on doing it every day! It requires building so is better to be left up. If you google it, I think there is a youtube video on how to build and take down a Baby Dan. I loved our one and also bought the tent arrangement which goes over the top of it to make it into a cubby when you have a toddler. Just sold it to another very grateful Mum!

Thanks Starbucks, I think the tent is a great idea as well!. Unfortunately we don't have the space to leave the playpen up all the time, so it looks like I'll have to find other options. The Baby Dan does come in a fabric option, making it lighter to put up/put down, so do you think that would make a big difference? Or is just too fiddly anyway?

Ideally, I just want to find one that can "squash flat" when I want to store it.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I've not seen the fabric option but would certainly make it lighter to take down and store. My metal one was heavy. Not difficult to take down as it all slots together but still a bit of an effort. Maybe the wooden one might be easier to fold flat. My friends had one from NZ and it folded flat easily.

Yes the wooden one seems like the best way to go so far.

The lindam one does claim to "concertina in" which is quite interesting and could save the rebuilding each time, but I haven't been able to.find any videos showing it.

Might have to make another trip to mothercare and persuade them to open the box for me.

Thanks SB for your help!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app