Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How frequent is necessary for checks and scan?

cherrypie is offline Registered User
    I hate blood tests and not eating in between will make me really shaky and queasy - not looking forward to it, thanks for info on waiting - will keep a note of the time. What is the glucose drink like? Is it like a pocari sweat or Aquarius? Also there seems to be so many appointments all the time!

Dillon is offline Registered User
    yeah I know, you seem to always show up to a full waiting room! I got there at 9, which was bang on my scheduled time and the waiting room was full which freaked me out a little, but I got my blood take straight away. I don't think they make you wait around on this particular test.

The drink was a little syrupy and quite a lot of it but not disgusting... kind of like warm honey water. Then they tell you to wait.... I devoured a cereal bar as soon as they'd taken the second blood. I also drank water while waiting which helped keep me awake. I just kept telling myself this was all for the bump which made it easier to bear. Also its not going to be a patch on labour at the end of the day ;)

cherrypie is offline Registered User
    Eek - very true, mine is this Saturday, wish me luck, will take food with me to eat after and keep an eye on time thanks for heads up. I'm also still experiencing some morning sickness which sucks as am 13 weeks and thought it would have stopped at week 12!

Sweetblueberry is offline Registered User
    @ tsan yuk they do not call your number for the second blood drawing. You're expected to keep tabs on time yourself and go back to inside the room for the second procedure. More than likely, a line would have formed from the other mommies waiting to do the same thing. The line moves pretty quickly.

Sweetblueberry is offline Registered User
    and Good Luck cherrypie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12