Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Speech therapist making house calls

Rd47530 is offline Registered User

Speech therapist making house calls

Can anyone recommend an English speaking speek pathologist who can come at home to work with my 3.5 yrs old toddler? We live on HK Island-WanChai. His speech delay (both receptive and expressive) is somewhere at the level of a 2 yrs old.

Thank you

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    We see Nathalie Ip from ENT Laser and quite like her. We go to her office, but she does do home visits as well.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    Hi Rd47530 - Did you manage to find a good speech therapist at the end? I'm also looking for an English speaking speech therapist on HK Island.

Hi nicolejoy - How did you choose Nathalie Ip among the other speech therapists listed on ENT laser's website? There is quite a few of them and hard to pick the "best" one.

Anyone used speech therapists from The Speech and Language Centre, Sheung Wan?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Hi Aava - I called the clinic with a bunch of questions and ended up getting put through to Nathalie. She spoke with me for about 45 minutes on the phone about the issues we were facing and what "plans" we would make for my daughter's therapy etc... In that time, I just felt very comfortable with her - particularly after calling some other clinics and not getting any helpful response besides "You need to pay $x,000 for assessment, we can't tell you anything until after that". She asked whether I wanted to pay a bit more for a more senior therapist but I was just very happy with her approach and wanted to go with her. I'm glad I did as my daughter formed a strong bond with her and she LOVED going.

For a short video, go to 20130930 Pearl The Pearl Report - Orphan Diseases (Part I) - YouTube and skip to 9min 50 sec to see my daughter Maddy in therapy with Nathalie.

lindz is offline Registered User
    thanks for this post. Its helps!