Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Due April 2014

kam2350 is offline Registered User
    Anyone like to join me for a mexican dinner at Agave Central (9 D'agular st LKF) next Tuesday 11th?

There's still a couple of weeks before my baby is due, so I'm trying to get in a visit to all my favorite places while I still can (without a stroller and nappy bag ;))

rani is offline Administrator
    Anyone free for dinner tomorrow night March 18th, let me know. Have booked a table in LKF
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Fuzzie75 is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is all jolly and well!and def glad to join the group.

I'm first time mum at 39. Scary!
    My dd is 5th April and believe it or not, at 13 weeks, I have not booked any hospital... lol. I'm currently seeing an OB in HK Sanatorium but I have not decided if I want to deliver there coz my OB will be on hols during my EDD

Just wondering where most of u moms have chosen to deliver on Hk island and if u could share your additional considerations (apart from the fact your OB delivers there will be good)

Apart from gathering arrangement, I was hoping to get some discussion going from you mums to be. here

1. Have you ladies decided if u are going for C-sec or VB?
    I'm still relatively undecided.
    I am inclined to do VB but the fact that its over the LONG PH and the inflated emergency C sec cost is def a deterrent. How do u gals decide which way to go?
    My current OB seem to prefer C-sec (i m assuming its my age factor) but she seemed ok for VB but hell, she's not gonna be here when my due date comes.

2. Did any of u pay for down syndrome test?
    I opted for SafeT21 and it has been 2 weeks but have not heard back from hospital.
    Worried. How long did u ladies have to wait if u had opted for Down's test?
    Do u think I should call the hospital to find out?

3. Your choice of hospital (on Hk island)
    I am undecided. If i choose not to go Hk sanatorium, I will have to look for new OB who will deliver say canossa or matilda and pray there is space in hospital. I dont have insurance to cover the cost so I guess matilda might be out. :( jasmine, I read u chosen Hk sanatorium, is there a reason why?

One of my fear for Hk sanatorium is the distance between my place in central to Happy valley. During peak hours on weekends and fri, the traffic is horrendenous and unmovable at times. So I was thinking if I have a VB, then what if I get stuck in the middle of the road! gasp. I'm prob letting my worry get the better of me.

4. If I do change my OB and hospital, could you share your Ob info with me?

5. Do u ladies have Domestic helper? I have been surviving without one and now wondering if I should or worthwhile to engage one. I wont be working after birth but I dont have any other family help apart from my man. I would so hate to dump more stuff at him considering he will be sole bread winner.

Thanks for any advice!

Aco
    Aco is offline Registered User
    Dear Fuzzie,

congrats on your pregnancy. Though this is the April 2014 dd club so our little ones are about 5 months old already :-)

Hope all goes well for u

Fuzzie75 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Aco for ur quick response. Congrats on your 5 month baby too! I bet your little one is adorable to bits!

Just realised my boo boo but u have already replied. Lol.

That said, Actually might be even better to ask mummies who hve delivered (so that u can offer some hospital service feedback) Most hospitals are fully book so i cant see the room nor know about their service... including the OB's service. (coz need to hunt for one)

Plus, I was wondering by now if u mums have already decided if they needed a helper and how was the process like?.

Cheers

yunamika is offline Registered User
    Hi Fuzzie75,

I arrived in hk only when I was 27 weeks and I only managed to book a hospital when I was 20 weeks. I had VB at Matilda. I do not have a helper and my bub is 6 months old now.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

yunamika is offline Registered User
    My OB was away in India when I gave birth. I was 2 weeks earlier. His colleague helped me with the delivery and I must say he is great! I have since changed my OB.

Congrats and hope you have a smooth delivery!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

kam2350 is offline Registered User
    Hi April '14 Mummies. Just wondering how everyone is doing as the first birthday rolls nearer. If anyone is in midlevels area and wants to catch up/have a playdate with my girl (born on 3rd @QMH) and I, feel free to drop me a message.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast