Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Recommended obstetrician in HK?

BabyBubblyBear is offline Registered User

Unhappy Recommended obstetrician in HK?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of an obstetrician that's worth visiting? Im looking for one that's patient and is willing to look to my needs and plans for my baby; a strict organic regimen that is. I've once visited a local doctor and gosh, he had me speechless with his senselessness of not having the need to take folic acids and stuffs when I made preparation to. Pls help! I really don't want another hell of a nightmare.

bagel is offline Registered User
    Siu Lam, NT
    Michelle Tsui in Central Building is fantastic. Good Luck!

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hello babybubblybear,
    Your story reminds me of a friend who once told me her doctor said you only need folic acid in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, and that you won't need any prenatal vitamins afterwards! I was very surprise as I believe we would need extra vitamins and minerals during pregnancy, prenatal vitamins is only there to help us along with a balance diet.
    Dr Alexander Doo of The Women's Clinic is great, good luck and congratulations! :)

IcePrincezzz is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi BabyBubbleBear,

I went to Dr. Edmond Hun and liked him a lot a d would never choose another doctor if I get pregnant again! Sometimes he's really busy but it seems most of the doctors is it in this town...However whenever I had questions or concerns he always took his time to answer them. He also did some research about pregnancy and procedures in Sweden (where I come from) so that he could tell me the differences etc. and the reason for that was because I had told him a wanted an as similar pregnancy and labour as I would get in Sweden.
    I'm not a fan of lots of pills and vitamins and believe that variated meals (carbs, protein, veggies at all meals) is the best for your body and baby and will provide you all you need.
    Dr. Hon seemed to think the same but I'm sure that if I would have told him I wanted vitamins etc. then he would have given them to me if I would have needed them.

Good luck!

vinividivici is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I am not exactly an active member of these forums, but had to answer this query when I saw it. Coz I was really amazed by the patience with which Dr. Patrick Chan attended to me and my million questions. Every time. It might take a little extra time waiting for your turn, but that's because he would never rush a patient. With wonderful bedside manners, he is a Doctor who really helped me and my husband, through those 9 months.
    Highly recommend!