Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

poll: the stokke mini or stokke crib/regular crib

Sweetblueberry is offline Registered User

poll: the stokke mini or stokke crib/regular crib

hi, i was wondering for those that purchased the stokke sleepi system with the mini cot, is it worth it?

some parents say that their babies didn't sleep in the cot that much or outgrew them in a few short months... so the cot wasn't very practical....

if you can do it again, would you buy the cot+crib or just go straight for a regular sized crib?

your thoughts are appreciated!

ngnhk is offline Registered User
    Hi - so we obviously haven't tried it out yet, since bub is due in October, but just to let you know, we did end up purchasing the whole Sleepi System (mini + crib extension).

When we asked about the cost of just the crib + crib mattress, we were quoted around HKD 9300, whereas the price for the system (mini + extension + 2 mattresses) was 12,380. If you buy a moses basket, those often run from 1500-2500 anyway, so we figured the cost differential wouldn't be enough to justify buying the crib alone. And we didn't want an extra moses basket that we'd have to store after just a few months. At least with the Sleepi Mini, all you have to store is the Mini mattress and bedding.

Hi ngnhk, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was wondering if you had decided since we had both expressed that we would like to start out with a smaller cot for our bubs :) wow, your bub's arrival is going the corner, how exciting!

we're still thinking if we should go ahead and get the complete system... this caught our eyes over the weekend.... Amazon.com: Tiny Love 3 in 1 Rocker Napper, Brown: Baby

TrailingWife is offline Registered User
    We bought the Stokke Sleepi Mini and extension kit back in the UK for our baby's arrival in January. I'm really happy with it so far - my baby looked nice and safe in the mini and slept in there until around the 12 week point. She was quite big for her age and very wiggly and was kicking off her blankets, so we switched to sleeping bags and extended the cot for her at that point. One of the great things about the Sleepi is that there was no concern about the move from mini to cot, which I've heard other parents go through when moving from moses basket to cot. Certainly, our baby has always slept pretty well in there and didn't complain when it suddenly got a bit bigger! The other great thing is that you can move the mini around from room to room (door frames permitting), which would work really well in a flat, and negates the need for a moses basket or other solution. We had our sleepi airfreighted when we moved out here in July and my baby was very excited when she was reunited with it!

I'm fairly sure I'd go with the mini and extension if I did it again. Although we didn't use the mini for that long it worked for us, and there is also the flexibility to move it around our apartment, which will be really useful if we have another baby in HK.

Hi TrailingWife,

Thanks for your reply (somehow i missed the email notification for this)... or maybe it's the preggo brain :P

I can definitely see how it can be a security item for the baby and being able to roll the cot from place to place is definitely a plus. 12 weeks of use isn't long at time tho... I measured our doorway it'll roll through if we take off our bedroom doors, lol. Sometimes I wish our bedroom would magically transform into a bigger space too :)