Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How to choose a stroller and a cot?

babyb is offline Registered User

How to choose a stroller and a cot?

I am a first time mum. Can anyone share how to go about in choosing a stroller and a sleeping cot?

There seems to be an overwhelmingly of choices out there. I guess my concern is safety, price, and convenience for travelling in public transports and going out in the never-ending crowded streets, as well as storing/placing it in the tiny square footage at home...

Thank you so much!

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    For strollers you just have to work out how you'll use it.

If you'll be mostly using buses, you need something that folds easily- ideally one handed.

If you plan to use taxis you need one which can take a car seat.

If you want to use it from birth it needs to recline completely flat.

If you're going to be walking on bumpy streets you should look at ones with good suspension.

If you will need to go upstairs you should get one that's as light as possible.

Is your husband going to be pushing it? If so he may have strong opinions about getting a suitably 'manly' pushchair (mine did!) And if you're diferent heights you may need one with adjustable handles.

Once you have your priorities and have set a budget go to a few baby shops and browse. Select a few that seem good for you then go home and read reviews of them. Buggy spotting will take over your life for a while.

For beds it's a matter of what will fit in the space, how much do you want to spend and do you want to go straight to a cot or use a bassinet first.

hkmeowchan is offline Registered User
    Go for big brands. For cot, I chose the Italian brand called Pali, not very expensive. It's available at Eugene.

For stroller, I choose maclaren, again, big brand. Btw, I wanna sell my maclaren stroller and carrier, if u r interested, whatsapp me at 98609962.

Thank you all. Your comments are so useful. I really had no idea how to begin with. Do you think sleeping on a playpen for a new born is a bad idea? How temporary can I use one for? I am leaning toward it because we are planning to move/travel shortly after baby comes.

Thanks hkmeowchan. We might shop around first just to see what is out there and what is suitable for us first. Thank you!