Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

How to carry a baby in a taxi or other public transport?

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailingWife View Post
    I think taxis are often exempt from the baby/child car seat rules. If you use one try to strap it in before you get in so the taxi won't set off until baby is safe.
    I'm not sure they are exempt I think it's just people don't bother, in the same way that people dont bother wearing a seatbelt in a taxi even though legally they should.

A sling or carrier offers *no* protection to the baby. There are videos on YouTube of what happens to a (model) baby in a carrier in a car crash. They will smash straight into the seat in front or even out of the windscreen. If they dont die instantly they will suffer extremely serious injuries.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by babyb View Post
    thanks all, i did not know that! i guess the maxi cosi car seat won't fit the baby for more than 6 months old? then i will have to exchange it for a larger one?
    It depends how fast your baby grows but you should be ok for a year or so

and if i want to use my sling while walking on the streets, but i also want to take a taxi, i will have to bring along the stroller with the car seat every time i go out?
    Yes- if you think you will take a taxi. But of course, if you take a bus, mtr, ferry or tram instead you won't need a car seat.

Redestiny is offline Registered User
    I wouldn't ever consider taking a taxi without the carseat, as Aquarian said the injuries sustained to your baby would be horrific in a crash. In a car crash (even a minor one) your head 'whiplashes', when you are wearing your baby in a sling or carrier their head is on your chest, you would very likely kill your baby with the downward force of your head. When I think about this, having to take the bus or struggle with a stroller isn't really an issue.
    binny4 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12