Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

How to carry a baby in a taxi or other public transport?

babyb is offline Registered User

How to carry a baby in a taxi or other public transport?

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to carry a baby home in a taxi from the hospital? Or how to carry a baby in general when taking public transports? Should i use a sling or a carry on split from a stroller?

TrailingWife is offline Registered User
    You should use a car seat secured with the seat belt. On buses your best bet is probably a sling as you have to fold up strollers. On mtr use a stroller.
    Aquarian likes this.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    Maxi cosi car seats generally fit well in hk taxis but I'm sure there are other brands that do too.

can I use a sling on a taxi too?
    and regarding to the (maxi cosi) car seats, is there one that can combine with the stroller so when i get off the bus/taxi, i can reassemble them together for pushing?

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    Wearing a sling in a taxi will not protect your baby at all. In almost all developed countries it is illegal to carry a baby or child in a car without a car seat.

Many many pushchairs can take a maxi cosi car seat. If you ask the shop assistant they can show you which ones are suitable.

I think taxis are often exempt from the baby/child car seat rules. If you use one try to strap it in before you get in so the taxi won't set off until baby is safe.

thanks all, i did not know that! i guess the maxi cosi car seat won't fit the baby for more than 6 months old? then i will have to exchange it for a larger one?

and if i want to use my sling while walking on the streets, but i also want to take a taxi, i will have to bring along the stroller with the car seat every time i go out?

Most baby car seats last to 12 months or so (depending on weight and size of baby), definitely beyond 6 months anyway.

I think the next size after that don't go on strollers so you'd have to hold baby or use a sling in taxis (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken). My baby is nearly 8 months, and we haven't moved up yet.
    babyb likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast