Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Due Date in March 14

MrsRjr is offline Banned

Due Date in March 14

Hi Mama's!

It's my first time around, and I'm due end of March :) Would love to connect with some other mamas to be!
    mommamia likes this.

cherrypie is offline Registered User
    Don't think my last mg sent, I'm due in March also and also a first time mum. Are you going private or public? I have my glucose test this Saturday and really nervous about it - have you done yours yet?
    mommamia likes this.

MrsRjr is offline Banned
    I'm going public! I'm registered at pamela youde nethersole eastern hospital and have booked my midwife from Annerley to have extra help during the labour, particularly for the hubby :) The hospital is very quiet, the nurses were friendly and efficient - and they also have a semi-private ward as I've read from the super detailed birth story posted here by another mum! I haven't done glucose test... its optional right? I've opted out of down syndrome screening too... i worry too many tests cant be good for your body or bub! Private docs here are SO quick to give you ultrasound... I've already gotten 2, which I wasnt too happy about and I'm only 10 wks!

Mingaling is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies! I am due March 14, 2014 with my first! Super excited.

I just had the downs screening done with a private doctor on tuesday and it was a fantastic experience. I was in a comfy room with a great doctor that explained everything he was doing and didn't pressure us into doing anything. My husband sat next to me while I had my ultrasound done to check the nuchal fluid behind my baby's neck and some other markers as well for downs. He showed us our baby's nose, profile, feet and toes (we were able to count the little toes!) hands, organs, etc. Our doctor was also able to give us the sex of our baby (95% certainty). Afterwards, he gave us pics of all baby's parts and a CD of the whole ultrasound. We even got an analysis of the downs screening on the spot (baby is at low low risk - thank goodness!). I also did bloodwork and got a phone call later that afternoon with the results. I have to say, the procedure was painless and quite enjoyable to see our baby sucking its thumb on the screen :). Sorry - blabbering on and on.

I live in the sheung wan area - if any of you mommies to be want to meet up for an afternoon snack and share stories and bounce questions, please send me a note!
    mommamia likes this.

jollygood is offline Registered User
    Hello! I'm due early March. Not sure of the date as the sonographer I had didn't bother to tell me at 12 weeks. I have my lovely family member who was able to do an early scan and she put me at the 3rd.

I'm going public and have my first glucose test in a couple of weeks.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a private place I can get a scan done for my 20 week anomaly scan? The public hospital is booked up and I am supposed to get it done myself. I'll put up a separate post but I'm at a loss ... thanks

Mingaling is offline Registered User
    Hi Jollygood

My doctor does anomaly scans. His name is Dr. Lam from the prenatal diagnostic center. His number is 2877 3280, he is located in the Central area. I actually like him a lot and would recommend him.

He charges $1500 for ultrasounds - not sure if he would charge more for anomaly scan but I guess you can ask the receptionist if you decide to give him a call. Also, please note, they take cash or check only.

jollygood is offline Registered User
    Thanks, Mingaling. Much appreciated.

cherrypie is offline Registered User
    My due date has changed 3 times! From my last period date, to private scan to public downs screening scan! So I guess I am anywhere from start of march to the 12th march!! who would have thought in this day and age I would have such confusion grrrr..... When is everyone going to start buying baby things? Or have you started? I just read so much online and worry about all the issues people face, I thought getting pregnant was the hard part and then the pregnancy would be exciting but with all these tests etc.... I just constantly feel worried.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast