Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree2Likes

Cost of doctor fees - ward vs private room at private hospital

honeytea is offline Registered User
    I gave birth in St. Paul's hospital. Didn't think I needed a private room, but when I checked in they said a private room was available and I decided to go for it on an impulse. I thought it was really worth it... being able to rest a lot better, see baby whenever I wanted, and have my husband around at night. Sure, it was only for a few days and the bill did give me a minor heart attack (insurance ended up covering more of the cost than I expected), but all in all, I'm glad I went for it. Giving birth for the first time is a very special time, I think it's worth splurging a little for the experience.

Also, Sanatorium's semi-private room seems to be a good deal. At least the semi-private room my friend had was almost completely private (with a couch for husband to sleep on too), except having to share the bathroom with one other mom.

Mingaling is offline Registered User
    Thanks honeytea. Your reply actually helped me make my decision. Private it is! :)

MrsRjr is offline Banned
    Definitely having a tour, or giving yourself one whether you're going private or public is recommended by our friend who's a psychiatrist, he says by going in a few times, getting comfortable and familiar with your settings helps to put your mind at ease for your big day :-) the anxiety of being in an unfamiliar setting will not help u or bb to relax which makes sense!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234