Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Recurrent miscarriage

Chili is offline Registered User
    Midlevels, Hong Kong

Recurrent miscarriage

Not sure what I'm expecting out of posting this thread....maybe it's reassurance, advice, recommendations...or just hope...So I'm 36 yrs old, hubby is 35 yrs old. We married in January 2013 and got pregnant in late Feb and miscarried by end of March ...then pregnant again end of April and miscarried in July (D&C)....and now I'm pregnant again but went for ultrasound yesterday (supposedly 7 weeks) but there was no heartbeat so doc said there is still a chance this pregnancy is viable so need to wait for one more week to see if I silent miscarried again. For 2nd pregnancy, we were able to test the fetus and it was due to Trisomy 22. And according to my doc's opinion just bad luck.....however, if this 3rd pregnancy ends up being another miscarriage then doc said it's not good because chances of another miscarriage increases after three in a row. I'm trying to remain level headed and try to figure out what the next step should be. I'm looking to see if IVF w pre-implantation genetic diagnosis would be beneficial to help with my "bad" eggs. I'm really tired/frustrated that this seems to keep happening and don't want to risk another bad pregnancy by trying naturally. Any advice/personal experience will be appreciated.

lotusflower is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi Chili. I'm so so sorry to hear of your multiple miscarriages. Though I've never experienced one myself I can imagine it must be heartbreaking. And confusing!

Personally, I'm a huge believer in the power of nutrition. Possibly, you have a poor diet and your body is unable to support the baby because of nutritional deficiencies. I'm currently studying for my master's in nutrition and have healed myself of major digestive issues and began ovulating through diet change, and though I'm not an authority on the matter of pregnancy and miscarriage, I do have a passion for health wholeness and well-being and believe in the power of a good diet.

Obviously protein is of the utmost importance, eggs, chicken, etc. Also healthy fats, like ghee, butter from cows that graze on grass, coconut oil, etc. Vitamin B complex, magnesium, omega-3 oil ... these are also important. Remove sugar, refined grains and processed foods.

Let me know if you have any questions and I wish you all the blessings on your continued journey.

Mingaling is offline Registered User
    Hi Chili - sorry to hear about all your struggles.

Out of curiosity, does your husband have a drink or two to unwind from a long days work with dinner? My husband did that thinking a glass or two of wine is not a big deal. However, I read that alcohol damages sperm and if that damage sperm fertilizes your egg, it may result in early pregnancy loss. Please note it takes 3 months for a sperm to mature so basically, your husband's sperm today may have been damaged from his drinking habits 3 months ago.

I hope when you go for your next ultrasound, a heartbeat is heard/seen. Best of luck and wishes.

bbT is offline Registered User
    sent u PM. pls check.

Zergmei is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi Chili
    I had this problem too.
    After 2 blighted ovums I had a chemical preg. then I got preg with #1 who is now 3.5 years old.

I think my successful baby was because my husband started on GNC's MEGA MEN.
    During that pregnancy, I had a blood clot and ended up resting in bed from week 6- week12.
    then delivered early at 34 weeks.
    After that, my husband didn't continue with the supplements.. He insisted there was nothing wrong. He also refused to test his sperm.....thus the failures continued....
    I got another chem preg then stopped getting preg for 1.5 years.

I definitely think that sperm quality matters a lot. When he refused the supplements, I refused to have sex on risky days as I didn't want to go through another chemical or blighted ovum scenario that was too heartbreaking.

He started Mega Men again and after 3 months, I tested positive again. I am now in week10. Fingers crossed!