Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Hiring a helper who is breaking her contract

Dink is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Hiring a helper who is breaking her contract

I've been in HK for a few years but stayed at home and not needed full time help. Now I am going back to work and need full time helper.

So, I have found a lovely lady who is unhappy in current employment and has broken her contract. I have good references from her prior employer and it's a close knit community where everyone knows everyone so I am happy in my choice.

BUT I am totally unclear on what happens now with regard to processing her visa. I understand she has to exit HK at end of her contract (she prefers to go to Macau not Philippines). But can anyone tell me, how long after that does it take to process visa and when is she likely to be able to come back to HK to start work with us? Can the visa process be started now whilst she is still working out her notice?

Thanks in advance

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Yes, she can start the visa process while she's working out her notice. Processing takes approx 6 weeks (will seem shorter as she's applying early) . There is an agency in Wanchai that a few members have used and will walk you through the process. They charge $1800. Agency is Helper-in
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com