Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone breaking out due to pregnancy?

  1. #9
    EarlyYears is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    51
    Thank you. I'll make a visit there this weekend.

    I'm American and I try not to use American branded skincare. They're so many products on the market that's not even FDA approved which says a lot about their standards on beauty products.

  2. #10
    Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    159
    Hi thekimber, how's the rose water toner? I use Melvita too, really like the honey facial wash, shampoo and conditioner!

  3. #11
    thekimber is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    12
    I really love the Rose Water from Melvita. I'm already more than half done with the bottle and will definitely buy more when I'm out. I use it after washing in the AM and PM and it leaves my face feeling clean and moisturized. It also smells great. I have combination skin and I find that it balances out the oily/dry areas of my face just right. I highly recommend it!

  4. #12
    mom2be2013 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5
    I saw Ren's ingredients but unfortunately they contain phenoxythenol so I'd pass. And Melvita is certified by Ecocert which to me means it probably isn't worth that kind of money.

    Actually I am not thoroughly convinced that "organic" products from EU are better than US (yes for sunscreens but not skincare in general). In fact the European standard for organic labelling - Ecocert - only requires 10% of the ingredients to come from organic farming. Compare that to USDA Organic certification which requires a minimum of 95% certified organic content. Personally I like ACO (Australian Certified Organic) because while they also require 95% certified organic ingredients, they have stringent requirements on what the remaining 5% should contain.

    Sorry maybe its just me being fanatic about ingredients but far too many brands are claiming to be organic /natural but still containing synthetics and/or costing an arm and a leg.

    And yes, to answer the question, I am breaking out too! My solution was to use an Australian brand of cleanser - ACO of course- and to see my chinese physician (it turned out I was drinking too much fish soup). So its not just what you put on your face but what you eat/drink too. My skin has since cleared a lot, thank goodness!

  5. #13
    EarlyYears is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    51
    Has anyone tried Mambino's products? Saw it at 360 in Elements.



    Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Hiring a helper who is breaking her contract
    By Dink in forum Helper Forums
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 07:30 AM
  2. It's breaking my heart
    By Sazzy in forum Baby Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. 1st pregnancy and need help
    By megan2008 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 08:17 PM
  4. Pregnancy for over 40's in HK
    By pkrs in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 09:46 AM
  5. second pregnancy
    By akiwai in forum Babies Born in 2007
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Scroll to top