Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone breaking out due to pregnancy?

Mingaling is offline Registered User

Anyone breaking out due to pregnancy?

I had clear skin most of my life and on occasion, the one pimple I get during my period. Now that I am in the 13th week of pregnancy, all of a sudden, my chin is breaking out and since most acne solutions have ingredients that are advised against during pregnancy, I am not sure what to do.

Anyone has similar issues and can recommend any solutions?

EarlyYears is offline Registered User
    I didn't break out while pregnant but perhaps you can try a witch hazel toner. I use the ones by Thayer's which are sold at Healing Plants and Health Gate.

catlou is offline Registered User
    Yes! I do get the odd breakout but at the moment have the forehead of a hormonal teenager! I thought we were supposed to glow?!!
    I'm due to fly back to the UK at the end of this week which I'm sure will make it even worse :(

Mingaling is offline Registered User
    @ Catlou - I am suppose to fly back to New York in two weeks and I am dreading that as well...

Thanks Earlyyears - will look into that.

Hoping the breakouts wont last until the end of pregnancy.

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    Yes I had huge breakout in the first trimester, I stopped most of my beauty products as it was getting sensitive (stopped my usual face wash and toner). The only thing I used was moisturizer for morning and night and mild face wash. And most importantly, I did not touch those pimples.

thekimber is offline Registered User
    I've always had somewhat problematic skin mostly on my chin and cheeks and I couldn't stand the smell of my usual face washes and lotions in my first trimester. It was probably totally unnecessary to do a complete overhaul to more natural lines and maybe I'm just falling on the lucky side of pregnant lady skin, but ever since I switched, my face has been pretty clear aside from a pimple here or there when I haven't been super diligent.

Harvey Nichols has a great selection of organic/natural/paraben free skincare lines and I'm loving the REN face wash and masks. The mask specifically, has cleared up my breakouts very quickly. I also now use Melvita rose water as my toner and it's been great as well. Pre and post pregnancy, I use Tea Tree Oil on my pimples and bug bites and it calms the redness right away. Stings a bit though!

EarlyYears is offline Registered User
    Thekimber:

What are the organic brands you've tried at Harvey Nichols? I prefer to do some research before going there and being coaxed into buying products I may not even use :p

Thank you in advance!

thekimber is offline Registered User
    I picked up a face wash, bodywash and mask from a brand called REN. It's not organic, but is paraben and synthetic free. I also picked up a face cream from Estelle & Thilde, a Swedish brand that is organic.

I did a bit of research on organic skincare and they say that brands from Europe tend to be more pure because their chemical regulations are much stricter than those in the US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast