Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Wk37 back to MCH

justarlene is offline Registered User

Wk37 back to MCH

Hi,

Since the starting of my third trimester, I've seen the OBS at Queen Mary. But now when I have reached full term they send me back to MCH.
    Is there any OBS in MCH? What kind of checkup should I expect? Will they check my dilation and stuffs?

Thanks

annm is offline Registered User
    Hi there! They put me there too since week 34. I think it's because I am considered low-risk. I've seen the same doctor ever since and she's always been lovely! The nurses are also so nice, plus the waiting time seems to be shorter. Also you get the same schedule every week! I find it more convenient! They'd never check dilation but ill keep you posted if they do that for me on Thursday since I'm 39 weeks. :)

I'll b there on thur for my wk38 check up. I can't wait to get this over. The last few weeks so exhausting

Just a quick update. It was certainly a wasted trip. The nurse just checked the fetal heartbeat which I don't really need it as my lil one is really active. I have a significant hemoglobin drop which might contribute to my chest pain. Thus, they sent me to see the doctor. But the doctor was not really helpful other than referring me back to QMH. I did asked a pop quiz to the doctor "What it meant by 3/5 engaged written by QM doctor". She said 3/5 of the baby head was already engaged in the pelvis. Mmmm.... Which was wrong....QM doctor told me 2/5 was already engaged. I was quite disappointed when they didn't check further how much of baby head was already down. :(