Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Playgroup recommendations

pammarie is offline Registered User

Playgroup recommendations

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and this is my very first post.

We have a 16 month old son and we're looking into signing him up for a playgroup. Our family just moved to HK so I'm not very familiar with our options here. I've done a bit of research and I was very overwhelmed! We'll be joining some trial classes next week, but, for now, any feedback you can give would be much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from all you parents put there :)

samby is offline Registered User
    Union Church on Kennedy Road is great ! My boy (18 months old) loves it there.

JTLY is offline Registered User
    Where do you live? In which area?

BigCube is offline Registered User
    Hi there

I'm also looking for the same thing - have just moved from london with my 10.5 month old. We are in Kennedy Town but also looking at Central if such things happen there?

Thanks!

We live in Whampoa in Hunghom, Kowloon. It'd be great if the school were near but I'm also open to something farther. I have some trial classes scheduled with Mass International in Causeway, Mills International in YauTong Kowloon, and Baby Buddies in Jordan. Any feedback on these schools?

slin is offline Registered User
    Pammarie,

Any feedback on Mass International in Causewaybay?

agnonwong is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I am new in Hong Kong and is wondering the same thing.

I googled for playgroups in hong kong but can't find any current reviews of the following playgroups. Can anyone shine some light on which are the credible ones and worth trying.

jazzygym
    kiddygym
    tutortime
    mygym
    little pods
    spring
    bebegarten

The last 3 decor looks so nice.

Thanks.

Hi Slin,

I decided not to enroll my son there for the following reasons:

1.) It's really quite a distance from our place. I'd say that's my primary reason for no longer considering it.

2.) It's a new school. It seems they've only opened this year. I prefer a school that already has an established community of parents and children with whom my family and I can interact and get feedback from.

3.) When I called to reschedule our trial class, the teachers and principal were reluctant to place me in another slot because they said there was a "naughty" boy in that class. When I insisted that that would be fine, they continued to use negative adjectives about this child. I later met this child and he really did not seem naughty at all...just as energetic and curious as other toddlers usually are. I was a bit disturbed by how they had labeled the child and divulged that said label to me, a relative stranger.

4.) During my son's trial class, it was just him and one other boy. The other boy was also discontinuing classes there because he also lives far from the school. So had I enrolled my child, he would've been the only student in the class. I was hoping for more interaction with kids his age. I know a smaller teacher-student ratio is ideal but I find just 1 kid (or even 2 kids) per teacher is a bit too small.

I'd recommend you try a trial class so you can judge for yourself. I hope my experience helps though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast