Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

please help, wife's mutliple health issues

bsc1280 is offline Registered User
    i do understand that there is a mild depression affecting her as things have become worst in past 1 year. however i measure her temperature and its 37.5-37.6C every few days, she complains of shortness of breadth when we walks for long...complains of body pains almost daily....and how our life is so miserable with no car, no house, HK pollution etc etc etc....

but again, may be its CFS causing depression or the depression causing something else...

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by bsc1280 View Post
    i do understand that there is a mild depression affecting her as things have become worst in past 1 year. however i measure her temperature and its 37.5-37.6C every few days, she complains of shortness of breadth when we walks for long...complains of body pains almost daily....and how our life is so miserable with no car, no house, HK pollution etc etc etc....
    37.5 isn't really a fever. If it' s below 38 I wouldn't worry about it.

She sounds depressed to me.

LisaSWE is offline Registered User
    I does sound like a depression. Make sure she get to see a psychiatrist or a psychologist. But also get her to see a doctor to rule out any infections. Check also the thyroid. A malfunction of that can cause similar symptoms.
    Good luck and all the best!

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    .and how our life is so miserable with no car, no house, HK pollution etc etc etc....

She may or may not have depression or some other medical disorder but she is better when she is back home. That to me that it's probably related to the environment. Why don't you just listen to her. She may HATE it here. She may just want to be home and has become deflated living here and its pushed her into depression. She seems to get better when she is home. So you need to listen to her. Be frank, if she really hates it here no amount of medication (antidepressants ect) are going to make it better, neither will counseling.
    Perhaps she is missing her family now that she has a child. Perhaps the adventure of Hong Kong is over for her and she just wants to be with her friends.

charade is offline Registered User
    If you want to see a GP first you could try dr Edmund cheong in central. I saw him when he was at quality healthcare and was impressed by how gentle and considerate he was. He now practices privately. Once I went when I was pregnant basically because I was worried I had contracted some dreadfull disease and he was very patient about it. My friend still sees him and swears by him. I think the number is 25268088.

Thanks a lot everyone
    We visited dr Sarah and she took blood tests etc to get all the investigation started
    She recommended a psychiatrist too but the fee is 2000/consultation

Do you know if public hospitals cover this ? Will we have to wait a lot ? Any reasonably priced good psychologist / psychiatrist ? Thanks again

charade is offline Registered User
    Did she say psychiatrist or psychologist/counsellor. If the latter, PM me, I have some experience in the public system with this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast