Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

please help, wife's mutliple health issues

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Oh, Charade. You are a lifesaver! I saw wonderful Edmund Cheong for 10 years at Quality Healthcare. Then he disappeared and they refused to tell me where he went. He's a great GP -- very kind and willing to listen. I will look him up now.

Gracey is offline Registered User
    bsc1280 - My husband has suffered from despression. It made me realize that it really is a disease -- including physical symptoms -- and not just like a normal person being sad. If your wife is really depressed, she will need professional counselling and medical attention.

Pointing out practical reasons for a depressed person "not to be depressed" does not work. My husband knew he had a nice wife, kids, job, house, etc., but he still could not control his moods without help. A vacation home might help things temporarily, but not for the long-term.

If your wife has depression, it will not matter if she has a physically comfortable life. Because you are right: a SAHM with one child, a full-time helper and 1,000+ sq ft home should not be exhausted. Think of how many working moms there are with several kids!

My husband's depression caused obvious physical ailments like stomach cramps, fatigue, loss of appetite. Other people get rashes, vomiting, greater appetite, etc. So maybe a low-grade fever is not surprising.

My husband refused help at first - most depressives do. But, if your wife is serious, she will need basic tests to make sure she is not suffering from some imbalance, or anemia, or other physical problem.

She can also try the counsellors at Resource.
    ReSource The Counselling Centre

The first two times, I had to physically go with my husband to convince him. But with support and treatment, he has returned to normal. Good luck to you two!

charade is offline Registered User
    @ Gracey I know, he's awesome and I had the same problem when i called Quality Healthcare. I tracked him down through a friend. Actually, the number I posted, I got off Google. If it doesn't work, give me a shout and I can track down the number from my friend again.

z754103 is offline Registered User
    Agree with the other posters - get her to a good doctor. Great post about depression being a serious illness with a physical basis which needs good professional treatment.

Also, often people with undiagnosed illnesses may also seem to present with depression (the fact of having an illness that's having that much of an impact on life quality can also make people depressed).

I'm not sure where 'home' is, but have things like hepatitis, glandular fever or Lyme Disease been ruled out? The latter is relatively uncommon in HK, so doctors may miss it. I assume she's got a good gynae who can rule out the more common forms of gynaecological malignancies? Is her blood pressure stable? Fasting blood sugar levels ok?

bsc1280 is offline Registered User
    Thanks all!

really appreciate all your support and help

We went o see Dr Borwein in central who has prescribed a lot of tests to rule out various causes...
    we are still waiting for the results. She has also asked to visit a counsellor. we will get to know about the results by end of the week.

i will check out all the recommendation for counsellors and we might try other doctors if (i hope not) things dont improve

I will

bsc1280 is offline Registered User
    thanks again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123