Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Good places to eat out

Dasani is offline Registered User

Good places to eat out

Hello all, my wife is 14 weeks pregnant with our first baby. We rarely cook at home and I was wondering what are so good places to eat out for a pregnant woman?

Prefer kowloon side but can venture to the island as well.

Any great restaurant suggestions?

Thanks

carang is offline Registered User
    ummm....pregnant women don't have specific restaurants that cater to them....
    virtually any restaurant out there will be fine.

you don't even mention what type of food you prefer or budget.... a little too vague...
    Aquarian likes this.

Well basically something hearty and healthy,
    nothing raw or things that's not good for pregnant women.

Budget, anywhere from $50 per person to $200.

Mainly looking for healthy places to eat I guess since we normally eat sushi or oily foods before.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    I ate sushi throughout my pregnancy.

As for healthy- most restaurants have more or less healthy options. Just pick the healthier ones.

Avoid soft cheeses, deli meat, buffets and food which has sat out and been reheated.

rani is offline Administrator
    Groupon and Beecrazy have coupons for a number of different restaurants. I would go exploring.
    OldtimerMum likes this.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Dillon is offline Registered User
    Hi Dasani, its nice to see a man doing research too :)

you can get caught out at restaurants sometimes as they dont always say there's a raw egg on your food or that the meat or fish in a dish comes almost raw... this happened to me and a friend recently at a spanish restaurant. the best thing is to tell the waiters - if your wife isnt showing yet they wont know she's pregnant - then they can steer you away from the dishes with any undercooked meat or fish or egg or unpasturised cheeses. Or often they will tailor the dish for you.

My doctor recently told me to eat sushi as the seaweed is good for you - but avoid the raw fish kind.

During my pregnancy we've eaten out at a lot of places that offer more tapas style or small dishes, this helps when with other people and helps you eat a mix of things too. Also when you get more pregnant I found I sometimes can't eat as much so saves you having a huge plate of food to tackle. sadly steak restaurants are also a waste of money for me now as i have to get my meat well done which is not the best.

I havent eaten out much kowloon side so all my personal recommendations would be island side i'm afraid...

for spanish tapas style i'd recommend - Iberico & co spanish restaurant up by the escalator with lots of varied dishes of veg, beans as well as meat - cost depends on how much you eat..
    you could add to that the tapas restaurant on wyndham street just by paisanos - I cant recall name and the one in LKF tower which are also both really good but maybe over your 200 buck guide by the time you add drinks and get a hunger

There's a few heathly restaurants opened in central also - mano in the L place on the ground floor and mana on Wellington street. Although both charging more as they have that healthy label.

I think as others said above you can mostly eat anywhere though, probably easier on the middle to cheaper end than pricey end because you wont get things like foam on your food made from raw egg.

As I'm getting towards the end I'm looking at Indian food all the way ;)
    Dasani likes this.

Thank you Dillon for your recommendations and advice. I'll check out the restaurants your suggested, they do sound yummy!

Dillon is offline Registered User
    not really related but my husband signed up for email notifications from babycentre.com. saying that, they do have list of foods on there to eat or avoid.

he gets weekly email to say how many weeks I am and whats happening that week - they are short bulletins so easy to read on mtr on way to work and helps him feel like he knows whats going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast