Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Due June 2014

Dbkiwi is offline Registered User

Due June 2014

Hi all,

I've just found out I'm around 5 weeks pregnant and due towards the end of June! It's all very new and exciting :) Any other mum-to-be of June babies out there?

annieclau is offline Registered User
    Yes, me! I am due around June 10th. Where do you live?

Lantau! What about you? I think I'm due around June 21-23...haven't had the exact due date confirmed yet. Are you finding it difficult keeping your pregnancy a secret?? I've only known for a few days but am already struggling not to blurt out the news! Are you planning to go public or private?

annieclau is offline Registered User
    oh Dbkiwi, I find it extremely difficult but... try not to tell people. Here's why:

At the beginning on May, I found out I was pregnant. It was planned and we were SO thrilled! Like you, I wanted to tell everyone and after a few days I could no longer keep the secret. On my 12 week scan, at Tsan YuK, they found out that the fetus was dead. They estimated it died around week seven. Imagine, I carried a dead fetus for 5 weeks! Needless to say, it was a shock. I had told everyone, including my favorite waitress, the front desk man where I teach, my cleaning lady... (luckily, I had not made a Facebook announcement!) I felt so pregnant (my body was still releasing the hormones and that's why I did not have a miscarriage) so I never saw that one coming. After the D & C I could not hide in my house any longer and had to tell people...including my favorite waitress, the front desk man where I teach, and my cleaning lady. These are NOT the people you want to talk about a miscarriage.

My advice: tell your parents and your best friend only. If something bad happens, these are the people you will be seeking comfort from. I was so sick and tired of hearing the condolences everyone needed to give and the "things happens for a reason" and "you will be fine"... Trust me, I know how hard it is to keep the secret but before you know it, it will be the time to go for your 12 week scan and you will see a healthy baby :)

I waited 2 cyles and I am pregnant again! But this time, I am very careful. I only told my very best friends. On Monday, I am going to a private clinic for a first scan (it's 1300 HKD). I want to be reassured, this time. Then my 12 week scan is at Tsan Yuk again. I will give birth at Queen Mary. I have many friends who went there and they all had a positive experience.

* I just saw you asked about the first appointment on another forum. Tsan Yuk will not see you before 11 week and a half as they do a down syndrome check at the same time. Before that, it's too early to detect. If you go earlier to the public system, you might have to pay? I am not sure.

Keep me posted on how you are doing.
    Teresa1010 likes this.

Oh, that is such a sad story. I am so sorry that your last pregnancy ended so sadly, but so happy for you that things are going well so far this time! My fingers and toes are crossed for you that this pregnancy goes perfectly & that our June babies are brilliantly healthy :) I've only told my mum so far and probably won't tell anyone else until I'm at the end of the first trimester. Luckily that'll be in December, so it should make for some lovely Xmas news for my family :)

iamchilli is offline Registered User
    Hi Gals,

I'm due June 5, it's my 2nd baby, and just had my first scan last friday (wk7) at the Sanatorium. Since i'm one of those 'older mom' i will have to check on a more frequent bases. My next scan will be on Nov 4, the doc would just like to make sure the little bean is growing smoothly.

and yes I do want to tell everyone, but I do hold back to just my parents and a few besties. I suppose if everything is fine I'll tell the world around xmas time (hence after having results with the Oscar Scan).

Good luck and happy pregnancy gals :D

lotusflower is offline Registered User
    I am due June 18 and have told absolutely EVERYONE! We've been TTC for 2 years and when it finally happened we just could not keep it in. This is just what we felt comfortable with and we'll have to see how it pans out for us:)

I'm having my 7 week scan on Thursday and am just beginning to feel the fatigue. Definitely sleeping more. Other than that, I feel pretty good. I am extremely bloated though, to the point I almost feel like I'm showing, although I know I'm not. It's very weird.

I live in Sai Kung and will most likely be booking into United Christian. My friends have had good experiences here.

Let me know if you ever get together. I would be keen to meet up!

brooklyngirl is offline Registered User
    hi ladies!
    I am so glad to find a space where I can tell someone. We are due June 11th and this is by far the hardest secret to keep! Besides our immeidate family, I broke down yesterday and told a friend because I needed to ask crazy pregnancy questions to someone who has been there.. done that.

We had a scan at 7 weeks and I have to say, it was the craziest thing I ever experienced. We have been trying for 2+ years, and just as I was waiting to start meds for IVF, we found out I was pregnant. We have no idea now this happened .. well we know how this happened.... but we were in complete shock =).

Haven't decided on hospital yet, but seems we cannot confirm or book until 12weeks in.
    rani, lotusflower and iamchilli like this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast